Col Reb to be replaced ?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by col reb, Jul 1, 2010.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Relax Tiger fans...it will not be a mascot to drive fear into the hearts of our opposing fans. Old Col Reb was just too fearsome and intimidating to other fans and a monster to the children. He should have horror movies made of him. COL JASON RETURNS......:shock:

According to talk radio (I have yet to see this in the papers), the students, alums, and season ticket holders will vote on their choice between eleven candidates. Over 1000 mascots were nominated.

READ THE REST AT YOUR OWN RISK. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HEART ATTACKS OR ANY OTHER CONDITION YOU MAY HAVE UPON COMPLETION OF THIS LIST.......

I don't remember them all. I will update later.....

1) Cardinals.....something to do with the red in the school colors....:wink:

2) Landsharks......Peek-a-boo....you can't see me!!!:confused:

3) The Rythym....(Mississippi blues?)...what was that movie? THE TITANS? Maybe the players can come onto the field doing that little dance. (I ain't doing it unless you do it too, coach.):D

4) Black Bears.....where in the world did that come from. I would think that would be racist......:lol:

5) Hottie and Tottie...........please !!!! NO !!!! What? A drunk man and woman?:sob:

6) MOJO ........MAN....I can already see opposing fans having fun with that one.:insane::huh:

I don't remember the rest...I was laughing and crying too hard.:bncry: :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If those were the top eleven, then the others must have been something else.

:huh::insane::huh::insane::huh::insane::huh::insane::huh:

I HAVE IT...I HAVE IT !!!

HONEY BEES................
    BLACK HELMETS WITH A YELLOW STRIPE AND A COUPLE OF SOFT ANTENNAS...BLACK PANTS WITH A YELLOW STRIPE DOWN THE BACK...YELLOW JERSEYS WITH CIRCULAR BLACK STRIPES....

IS IT TOO LATE TO ENTER A SUGGESTION?

:eek::rofl::wave:

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

me and pod and greenie were talking about this last night and laughing the whole time.

my idea is mississippi mud cats. after all, catfish are bottom feeders..... :hihi:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Even though the name, Rebels, will remain (for a while), I don't see how these mascots can have any signicance to the program.

I think I would RATHER be known as the "bottom feeders" than some of the above mentioned.:hihi:

1 person likes this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I thought Admiral Akbar was going to be the new mascot.

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

To me, they will always be the Ole Miss Whisker Biscuits.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

excuse me???

isnt that an insult to wb's?:hihi:

then again, who am i to judge. i spent monday and tuesday yelling "go cocks". :hihi:

7. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Maybe they can work something in that represents their fine china tailgates.

1 person likes this.
  8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

:lol::lol:

You are right. I apologize to any whisker biscuits that may have been offended by associating you with Ole Miss.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Like that...... Nevermind. too easy

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

In all seriousness, this is actually throwing the Ole Miss fan base around here in a frenzy. Almost everyone of them that I know is talking about pulling for Miss St. depending on who the mascot is.

Maybe 50 years from now a new minority will get all pissy about the mascot and they'll have to change it again. Too many crybabys in the world.