Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by shane0911, Aug 30, 2016.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

not really the point, but carry on.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You had to do it didn't you @shane0911 Lol.

Ok so what's really weird about this is the fact that he is protesting an anthem and a flag that symbolizes his right to protest in the first place. So in a way he is protesting his own protest. Kind of stupid if you ask me. However it is his right as an American, I just think it's misguided and stupid, and this country gave him the chance to make millions. Why not use his platform to do some good, like community outreach, speaking with police and bringing people together instead of dividing.

Anyway. The Pentagon loses 6.5 trillion or billion can't remember, and there was another oil spill in the gulf and all we hear about on the news is Ryan Lochte and this jackhole.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Richart Sherman did a pretty awesome job expressing himself on this and similar matters.

It's good to acknowledge problems but with the proper platform. Tearing down the flag and our anthem is setting a divide which has nothing to contribute towards a solution. If he invested his time speaking with kids and being a role model for staying off the streets and focusing on what's positive, that would be a contribution to the good. Benching yourself for the anthem goes entirely against that and represents giving up.

4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I use the "ignore it and it would go away" approach to people who say things just to say them. I got it, you want to shed light on something that you feel needs to have light shed on it. However, posting dumbass memes on Instagram instead of actually getting involved makes you not an activist. So you want to protest during the anthem? Super neat-o. Let me know how that helps the people you want to help.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Oh he made a point? What would that be?

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

The United States is the least racist nation in history and only Canada comes close.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

The only point he made was the one on the top of his head

/red55

shane0911 and LSUpride123 like this.
  8. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Or he could say "my dad is black so like most blacks he abandoned his family, don't do what he did. Or if you do make sure a white family adopts the kid"

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I guess he could have said that, but he didn't have too because when asked, he had a valid point to the discussion. I've read where he appreciates being adopted by his white family and due to their oversight, he evolved into a contributor and not a taker. I mean, does it make him any less a qualified role model?

I adopted a black kid and expect he will be equally a contributor and never a taker. As a village, isn't that our responsibility?

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I had a white couple tell me " he we adopted one of those too" once.

I replied. "I created mine".

Was the Funniest shit.

Back on topic, ESPN had a good segment today on the Right Time.

The black guy basically said us whites are incapable of understanding. That's fine. So then My question would be, then wtf do you want me to do about it?

It seems more and more these conversations simply go back to acknowledgement. As if we don't.

America is a great nation. A great nation that defeated slavery and Continuously works to provide an equal environment for all. In fact. You would be hard pressed o find a country that does More for minorities than the US.

So, where is this "oppression"?

shane0911 and Winston1 like this.