College baseball Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by swoop, Apr 11, 2006.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd think that the first class will not be limited by a severe restriction of inductees, they'll get a lot of the most viable candidates in.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I'm just ticked that the college baseball HOF is in Lubbock. TT has never won anything in college baseball and is the 4th best program in that state behind UT, Baylor and A&M. Why isn't the HOF in Omaha?

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

You're right! It should be in Baton Rouge! :thumb: :hihi:

Just kidding...I agree, it SHOULD be in Omaha--give the fans attending the CWS each year something else to see (especially those LSU fans that made plans to attend the CWS in advance only to see us bow out in regionals).

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Well, the viability of the entire project in Lubbock is in question. One of the main investors was accused of taking about $78 Million from the oil company he worked for. The consortium is being sued for almost $1 million in unpaid fees. It may end up somewhere else. The locals say there is no problem, yeah, right.

BTW, TTU may not be a national program, but Coach Hays is a CLASS guy and puts a good product on the field.

http://lubbockonline.com/stories/032106/loc_032106036.shtml

5. tigah4life

tigah4life Freshman

I think Rice would be ahead of all of the programs,except for texass,that would make TT the 5th best program in the state:geauxtige

6. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Damn, I completely overlooked Rice. Good call tigah.

7. youcandoit1687

youcandoit1687 Founding Member

ya i totally agree rosenblatt stadium has a series hal of fame or something like that but its not very big. ive been to omaha four or five times and it is a great place and they should find space for the HOF. but why lubbock?whyyyyy???how big is the building going to be. there is a lot of open space across the freeway from rosenblatt(atleast there was in 2003 i think). it could go there and they could run a trolley with parking there. sounds like a very logical idea to me so it shouldnt work

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

No surprise, he's in. From LSUSports.net

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=271332