College Football Belt

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Oct 16, 2007.

1. afinewagoneer

afinewagoneer Founding Member

good one BigWee!
    Also, you gotta know how to walk down that aisle; style; and profile. WOOOOOOOOOO!

[​IMG]

2. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

That would be Stylin' and profilin'... WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

3. justin5

justin5 Freshman

why didn't you just post the link to the website?

collegefootballbelt.com

And yes, I have read these forums for a while until posting today. Here's to a good game this weekend.

1 person likes this.
  4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

b/c I didnt get it from that site....but cool and thx :thumb: Welcome to the forums and GL this weekend.

5. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

I actually was trying to figure this out as well and came up to the same conclusion as the collegefootballbelt.com guys did. Cool idea, but I guess my book deal won't happen now.

GEAUX TIGERS

6. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

I want to make an actual belt for the game

7. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

That would have been part of my book tour. Of course, I would have to present it myself. Tough job, going to all those games ;-)

GEAUX TIGERS

8. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

LSU vs. Auburn for the College Football World Championship Belt

Auburn is the defending champion and current holder of the College Football World Championship Belt thanks to our win over the previous champion Florida.

Only one team can be a champion at a time, and it must be won on the field.

Will LSU reclaim the belt for the first time since November 7th, 1987 when they fell to Alabama, relinquishing their 4 game hold on the coveted belt? Or will Auburn defend the belt for the 3rd straight week?

http://collegefootballbelt.com/

Obviously this isn't meant to be taken seriously. But its a fun site that was brought to my attention at AUNation. The creators of the site (I have no idea what school they are fans of) decided they were sick of the current method of determining champions. So they decided to create a belt just like boxing that was held by the winner until he was defeated.

Click on Belt Description on the left side of the screen after clicking on the link to read about it. It is very in-depth and includes stats from all the Belt Games, as well as coaches and teams records in these games. They started the belt lineage from 3 different places, and no matter where they started, the belt converges in 1942 from two distinct lines to create a unanimous champion.

9. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Re: LSU vs. Auburn for the College Football World Championship Belt

Stupid me...I must have completely missed that thread! Sorry about that guys.

Thanks for merging.

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Say Auburn had it and lost to Cal/USC. Might take a while to get a chance to regain it.