College Football Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUDad, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Because..."they're Texas".

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Aubarn job is now open.

Also N.C.State.

A couple more:

Boston College and Prudue.

Not a good year to be looking for a head coach.

3. Herb

Herb Founding Member

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Mac Brown is the reason

Tedford looks like he will get the gig in Colorado

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well, not if you are NWST I guess. I'd rank them like this, in order of openings at the moment.

Cal probably the best opening at the moment, fertile recruiting, not a ton of competition in BCS conference, lot of money just pumped into new facilities they should be able to land a good replacement for Tedford who actually laid a lot of the groundwork for this program.

Ark/Aub/Tenn are all a mess. Tenn probably the worst out of the 3 because of the mess that hurricane kiffin left in his wake. To compound it Dooley didn't do a lot to clean it up but it is still Tenn, as long as they don't expect to win NOW. Shouldn't be hard to fill any of these 3, trouble is, who do you fill em with?

NC St/Purdue - Meh, lots of assistant coaches that would love to cut their teeth here. Hope it isn't any of ours.

Then all the rest, Col, BC, Ky, UTEP, Idaho and NWST

The caveat will be what happens with the shorthorns. Mack has quietly got a rag tag bunch to somehow show up (currently) 3rd in the conference. Not sure they will can him after that but they still have Kst left to play. That one gets away and it could be the end for him. Dodds is ready to retire as the AD and Mack already has his nameplate engraved to take his place. Texas opens up and this shit gets real interesting.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Barn with the investigations pending, could drop it down the list.

Many think money comes into play with many of these jobs, with most coaches, its an after thought. Some people don't see this, but talk with coaches like I do and you'll see the reason. Family with many comes first. I have a friend that turned down a HCIW (Jimbo offer) because of his family. I have another that paid his own buy-out, to move on a job. An still another friend that passed on a SEC job when he started asking about filling a staff. Too many things come into play here, has to be the right fit. The coaching clan is a tight knit bunch, it has to be.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Auburn seems to think BP will head their way.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I put this one in the too soon to return to the SEC. Aubarn is waiting on a few things to fall. May free up some needed cash.

9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I was talking with a college coach the other night, he ranks Tenn and Barn about the same, with Ark a drop below.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I heard driving home this afternoon that Tedford was getting a 7 million payout from Cal. If he agreed to coach the Buffs the buyout would be reduced accordingly. I think he's a long shot to take the CU job.