College Football Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUDad, Nov 19, 2012.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

If that is the case then I'd say you are right.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I still think tennessee is much better than auburn or R-Kansas.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Geographically speaking, UT is a great job. Tennessee is a crossroads state. As the coach you can claim connections with both the South and the Midwest. The problem is that Kiffin fucked that program for the foreseeable future. One of the many ridiculous policies of the NCAA is that the punishments do not follow the coach.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

So, it looks like the Buffs (my alma mater) have offered Cincinnati's Butch Jones a 5 year $13.5 million deal but Jones has yet to decide if he wants to take the job. If he turns it down, the fall back plan will be interesting.Jones was supposed to annpounce his decision yesterday but is keeping mum and my guess is that he will turn the job down.

I honestly think the Buffs should consider Gerry DiNardo - don't laugh. DiNardo is a good coach and has CU ties as he was on Bill McCartney's staff in the late 1980's and early 1990's (along with Les Miles). Colorado would be a good place for DiNardo to resurrect his career as the expectation bar is kind of low. DiNardo is a good recruiter but will have his work cut out for him.

One of the big problems with the Colorado job is recruiting. Colorado has to compete with Colorado State for in-state talent and if you look at the surrounding states to Colorado, they have to compete with Nebraska, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Utah, and Idaho State for regional talent. That leaves open the not-so-powerhouse high school football factory states of New Mexico, Wyoming, etc.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I listen to KOA driving home from work every afternoon (30 minutes). Dave Logan hosts a sports talk show with Dave Krieger a former writer for the Post. Damn good show.

Any way, the 2 Daves think if Jones doesn't accept the offer, the BYU HC Bronco Mendenhall would be at the top of the list along with an offensive coordinator who's name escapes me.

6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

For LSU Fans, the R-kansas hire was a great one.;)

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Glad it wasn't Gundy who appears to be quite unhappy at okie lite. 2 Job "offers" in 2 days and still no public appearance by Spike. It is only a matter of time, 2 MAYBE 3 seasons and he moves on. When he does okie lite will vanish from any semblance of relevancy they may have had.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Sonny Dykes taking the Cal job.

9. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

DiNardo may have well been a good coach and a good fit for Colorado at one time. However I honestly don't see him coaching again. He has been out of the coaching for eight years and that is entirely too long to be away from the game this day in age. He would have his work cut out for him alright. He would have to get his coaching legs back underneath him before he could face the uphill battle of rebuilding the Buffs.

10. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Yeah. I never thought of that, but you are probably right.