College Football Coaching Changes

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUDad, Nov 19, 2012.

1. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Oregon needed a bigger, more powerfull RB against the Cardinal. Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't think it was the line play that hurt us. It was the Stanford LB's, they are undersized but very fast. Normally the Ducks make money against big linebackers who are too slow. Furd's were fast and good at tackling too, Oregon had little yac in that game, and we usually have a ton.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

You think Chip knows what your talking about? Are you suggesting bigger running backs? This kind of talk is what leads to what is euphemistically referred to in the Pac 12 as, dare I say, alternate football behavior. That's code for power football. Good grief, before you can say, Jaw to jaw and cheek to cheek slobber-knocker, the line splits could shrink before your very eyes and someone could accidentally get run over at the line of scrimmage with bad intentions. Then what are you left with? Let me surmise. Nothing more than a slowdown, huddle up, take the stress off your defense and thereby control the clock and the pace in an all new and yet effective but strange and different way? Big running backs, are you sure?

3. GiantDuckFan

What you describe sounds boring. I'm being sarcastic, smartass!! ?:cool:

Thomas Tyner could have have an impact on the Ducks next year, he's bigger.

http://www.registerguard.com/web/sports/28754604-57/tyner-yards-ran-record-touchdowns.html.csp

The level of high school competition in the Portland area is only mediocre,.. but these numbers are still amazing.

....The senior, who has verbally committed to play next season for Oregon, ran for 644 yards and 10 touchdowns on 38 carries in an 84-63 victory over Lakeridge at Aloha High School....

....The national record for rushing touchdowns in one game is 12 by Ken Pearson of Colorado in 1930. Tyner is now in a five-way tie for second on that list.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

5. TUSKtimes

The ole 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense scored 500 points this season for Bama. Playing in the NC game is kinda exciting. Then of course there's always bungee jumping.

6. GiantDuckFan

highlight before the ? in my post

7. TUSKtimes

What do you think of our early entry, Mr. Derrick Henry from Yulee, Florida? He's 6 foot 3 and 245 lbs of unleashed terror. Derrick broke Ken Hall's career high school rushing record from Sugarland, Texas, that had been held for 59 years. Henry ran for a career rushing mark of 11,232 yards to break the record. Henry owns the national record of 45 consecutive games of at least 100 yards rushing in a game.