College Football News Bowl Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DDTigerFan, Jun 9, 2003.

1. chuck

chuck Founding Member

exactly, accept they don't always take the "best" team, often they take the team they feel will draw the most.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

right, they take the "best avaiable" which will suit their situation. The Cotton Bowl's smart choice was to take LSU last year due to the guarentee of sold tickets and location. If LSU and UF were to be matched up evenly, LSU would be favored for the Cotton and UF for one of the Florida Bowls. Although I have heard that bowls don't like to have a repeat team in consecutive years, maybe we can get Citrus and UF get Cotton.

3. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

I think there is a stipulation that the Cotton Bowl has the right to take Notre Dame once evey four years or something like that. I might be that this year they take ND instead of a SEC team, that is if ND has a good enough record. Well I don't want to go to the cotton bowl again. I'll be making plans for The Big Easy(knock on wood).

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

The Gator Bowl is another one of the "Notre Dame" bowls. I am pretty sure there is a picking order and a couple of the spots rotate each year. Gator Bowl had first pick this year and took them. I am not sure if it becomes Cotton's turn this year. But is it Notre Dame instead of SEC or could it be for either team?

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

The SEC # 2 has usually been the loser of the SECCG, so I'm also not sure how LSU would get the Cap 1 Bowl. But if LSU were to get a Florida bowl (such as the Outback), that would be fantastic. The Sugar Bowl would be even better.