College Football News ranks Cotton 4th best bowl game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Jan 9, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Re: I don't feel sorry for Shreveport

I agree Shreveport is a bigger supporter of the Cowboys than the Saints. I grew up a Cowboys fan and now that I live down south people look at me weird when I tell them I am a Cowboys fan or when they come up to me wanting to talk about the Saints game I kind of give them a blank stare as I don't watch Saints games. As for being Anit-LSU in Shreveport, I think it is more of impartiallism due to the lack of a major university. LSUS and Centenary don't count as major universities. I think if Tech had a dominating football team then it would be the school that would get all the publicity around Shreveport. At LSU I have encountered some "Cajun Snobs," they seem to feel that since I am not from South Louisiana and that I come from Shreveport that I am not a real Louisianian. I am just as much a Louisianian as someone from Grand Isle, Lafeyette, Lake Charles or Houma.

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

Re: Re: I don't feel sorry for Shreveport

What?!?! You are not from South LA??? Man, you are gonna have to change your name!!:D

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I must disagree. I grew up in Shreveport and never wanted to go ANYWHERE other than LSU. They bleed purple and gold there too.

Traditionally there were more Cowgirls fans, but that has been changing as the Cowboy's fans are aging. The Sain'ts demographic is replacing them.

The Cowboys games are televised there because since Dallas is closer to Shreveport than New Orleans, it falls within Dallas' TV market. I think there are NFL rules concerning each team's market area. However this too has been changing because there are so many Saints fans there complaining about the TV coverage.

But the main complaint I have is the Saint's fault. You see, the Cowboys actually MARKET in S'port, and the Saints don't. The Cows ADVERTISE, and actively market there. You never see a single ad, commercial, or billboard from the Saints there. When the Saints go on their annual bus trips, they go to southern Mississippi, but not Shreveport.

In my opinion, it is the Saints that have written off Shreveport, not the other way around.

4. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Re: Re: I don't feel sorry for Shreveport

I agree. We yankees, as the South Louisianans call us, don't want to be part of Texas. We are proud Louisianans. Rather it is the South Louisianans that like to say that we don't belong, that we are not really true Louisianans, and generally spit on us.

So we have people in our own state who want to disown us, and we have neighbors in another state who are friendly and welcome us. What would you do?

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Jean, you need to write about something you know about. It surely isn't Shreveport. The stations up here have to show the cowboys because of a NFL mileage thing. The cowboys are the closest team to Shreveport so the Saints get showen 2nd behind the cowboys. There is always some discussion the local papers about why the saints aren't on the tv more.

I know there are Hog fans here and SMU fans. There is also a very large pro LSU fan base here. Go to BEARS resturant and several bars and barber shops. They are full of LSU history.

Something tells me you are thinking about some folks from Evangel.

Maybe you need to get north of I-10 some time. You would be enlightened.

6. BAMAFAN03

BAMAFAN03 Guest

i live in shreveport and i hate LSU most other people are indifferent. except for maybe one store in the mall and a hole in the wall. no one cares about the saints or the LSU tigers. why you may ask? because they are a disappointment

7. BF,
    Here we go with your negativity again, keep it on the SMACK BOARD. And why do you keep showing up over here if you hate LSU so much???????????????

8. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Because they have little else to do.

9. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'm glad to hear different!

My impressions are only my own. I'm glad to hear that reality is or may be different.

I would love to count Shreveport as a true Louisiana town! I hope that all vestiges of anti-LSU feelings will die away one day. I would love for the Saints to replace the Cowboys as the Shreveport pro-team one day.

Of couse, the Saints are going to have to win a few more playoff games for the fire up there to catch.

BAMA03: Nobody gives a fork what you think around here. You are free to move away. I'll help you move, cher!

10. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Re: I'm glad to hear different!

Like Alec Baldwin and Rosie O'Donnell?

I'll bring a truck!!!