College Football News ranks Cotton 4th best bowl game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SoLa in NoIll, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Let's see LSU and the Saints are a disappointment. Univ of Ala and, oh i'm sorry that state has nothing to offer to warrant a professional team, are an embarassment. What's the difference?

A disappointment is someone who is expected to achieve highly and does not meet that expected mark. An embarassment is someone who constantly trips on their dick and causes humiliation to themselves and everyone associated with them.

I'd rather be a disappointment.

2. WF TIGER

WF TIGER Founding Member

Re: I'm glad to hear different!

Come on Jean. Shreveport is just as much a Louisiana town as Baton Rouge, or any other town within our borders. I for one have never considered Shreveport a east texas town. My fu*king taxes go to Baton Rouge not Austin.

The first time I came to tiger stadium some Asshole asked us where we were from as we exited the stadium. We said Shreveport and he said "Oh a Cowboy fan hey" and I replyed no a Saints fan.

I just don't get it. I work at a place that employees around 200 people. Most there are LSU fans and Saints fans, imagine that even way up here in northwest Louisiana. But the Saints do a very poor job of advertising up here compaired to the Cowboys.

3. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

I am originally from the Shreveport area...

It is Tiger Country !! There are some folks who care what LaTech or Arky do, but they are in the small minority. Having to share the TV market with East Texas will prevent the Saints from ever being the solid favorite in the area IMV.

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Re: I'm glad to hear different!

I think Shreveport is a true Louisiana town too, instead of looking at each other weird for having slightly different cultures we should embrace that we are different and have this difference in a relativly small state area-wise.

I can't go along with you wanting the Saints to replace the 'Boys as the Shreveport pro-team, I have been a Cowboys fans ever since my dad bought me a Danny White Cowboys Uniform for Halloween back in the mid-80's. Can you beleive that? A kid actually wanted to be Danny White, LOL.

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

No, I want to be wrong about this

I'm glad to hear it. I'm from Louisiana and I embrace the entire state.

When you live away from your state due to a career that moves you every 4 years or so, it makes you appreciate EVERYBODY back home.

Believe me, I'm always happy to meet folks from Louisiana. Who knows? I might end up living in Shreveport one day!

I'm glad to hear from the locals that the Saints and Tigers are more loved there than I thought.

Hey! I even visited the West Monroe High School link that somebody posts on here. That seems like a nice place!