College football pick 'em

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Purple Jungle, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

For the past two or three years, I've been playing College Football Pick 'em on Yahoo! Sports. The season is a week away and Yahoo! hasn't put up the game yet. I'm guessing they won't have it this year.

Since it won't be provided, I was wondering if some of you LSU fans wanted to create a version of the game. Here's how it works...

1. Each week, you must pick the winner of each game involving a Top 25 team. (poll used is the AP)
    2. Along with your pick, you must assign confidence points. If there are 10 games, you rank each pick in order from 1 (least confident) to 10 (most confident).
    3. The points from correct picks are totalled up each week.

Here's an example of how it works. Let's say these are the games of the week.

LSU vs. Ole Miss
    Arkansas vs. Miss State
    Auburn vs. Alabama

Let's say I pick LSU, Arkansas and Alabama to win. Since there are three games, I assign LSU 3 pts, Arkansas 2 pts and Alabama 1 pt.

Let's say LSU, Miss State and Alabama win the games. Here's how I would score...
    3 pts for picking LSU
    0 pts for picking Arkansas
    1 pts for picking Alabama
    4 pts total

If you're interested in joining in, send me an e-mail at [email protected]

I'll maintain a Web site for the game through my LSU site, http://www.angelfire.com/la3/purplejungle

We can have a practice week with this week's games and start playing for real next week.

If anything is unclear, reply to this message and I'll clear it up.

2. BBF Admin

BBF Admin Guest

This is already available at Bayou Bengal Sports.com the script I use calculates winners and leaders for you and you can view everyone elses score to see where you stand.

It is FREE, and I will be entering week 1's games on Friday. The first week doesn't begin until August 31st.

I'll let everyone know when the schedula has been loaded.

I did this last year, and it was a lot of fun. about 200 people participated.

Here is the link to get signed up.

BBS Pick-em Contest

3. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

i did join the game on BBS

i also created a group on ESPN.com's version of college pick 'em. If you're interested in joining, here's the info...

Group Name: Bayou Bengal Fans
    Password: geauxtigers