Collegefootballnews.com and several L.A. papers are saying John David Booty will.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Apr 16, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Leave Evangel after taking his English class he needs to graduate high school and enroll at USC this fall. Where he is expected to compete for the starting job against auburn in 3 weeks after training camp opens.

Sounds like a tough chore for someone who at that time should be playing someone like byrd, northwood, or someone like that. Guess this means the end of Evangel University Dynasty.

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~20955~1328491,00.html

this is a link to one of the papers on JDB Decision.

2. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I think Evangel players are older than the average anyway. (Which answers a few questions)

I'm sure JDB's decision also has alot to do with the fact that his father is no longer a coach at ECA.

3. TigerLifer3

I know that is the main reason he is leaving. Him and his family are angry. I am just wondering what type of Dominoe effect this may have on other players.

4. -T-

-T- Founding Member

does usc run the 8 yard shotgun too? if not, don't expect him to start. if he really works at it he could be the next brent rawls or brock berlin.

5. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Well I wish the kid luck. I want to see a LA grown quarterback make the nation spotlight. All the others in the past never seemed to live up to their hype.

I also agree that he is leaving b/c he dad is no longer the coach at Evangel. I think Evangel will regret their decision and realize that they did need the Booty's more than the Booty's needed them.

6. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

everybody puts down evangel including me in the past but this year they could have 3 starters for big D-1 teams.
    rawls@OU is about 85/15 he will start and berlin@um is like 90?10 he will start. On the USC board many people expect JDB to be able to play some his senior year. JDB is 18 already so he is a little older then most, but he won't be 19 till end of senior year so not much older. I know me and a bunch of my friends were 18 by sept. of our senior year so he is only a couple months older. What I would do if I was him though is I would goto usc not enroll just go to every practice, work with my dad a lot, and get as much of a grasp of the offense as possible. The next year I would redshirt if I wasn't going to start and just run the scout team and by the time for my freshman year I would have essentially hed to years in the system.

7. TigerLifer3

8. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Talk to friends

That are a part of the Evangel family and they tell me Evangel is going to have a lot of members leave the Church because of Booty firing. Booty dissagreed with Denny Duron and Denny did not like it is what I am hearing.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

What happened with Booty's father? I gather he got fired/quit the coaching staff. Any further details?

10. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

What about Bradshaw, Jones, Humphries, Furgenson? All are La grown qb's.