Collegefootballnews.com and several L.A. papers are saying John David Booty will.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Apr 16, 2003.

1. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Actually Jason White is the scheduled starter at OU. He is a SR, a former starter, and is loved up there.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Also Bobby Hebert, Bubee Brister and Doug Williams

3. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

and im pretty sure Crudup will start for Miami.

this is what i dont get about some of these evangel players....they transfer and quit as soon as something doesnt go their way. if Berlin would have stayed at the school he grew up rooting for....then he would most likely be the starter this year...but he skipped out on his "dream school" to transfer to rival Miami (who had just won the national title..ahem)....now he'll be a back up to Crudup

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I heard Rawls was doing well and has the possibility to start. I heard Berlin stunk it up in spring and that Crudup would start. If I remeber right I thought I heard that the frosh that enrolled at Miami for the spring did better than Berlin.

Until some athlete comes out of Evangel and is an impact or "lives up to the hype" player in D-1, I will continue to believe that they are all products of a good high school system and nothing more than average players.

Someone answer my question of what happend with Booty's dad to get fired/quit.

As for Booty enrolling at USC for his "hs senior year". Can he participate that year? His scholly offer is for the next year. Scholly's are already committed for this year based off the signing class that just occured.

5. Mojo74

Mojo74 Founding Member

Since Booty is already academically qualified, and there are other USC signees who are not, they can give him a scholarship starting in the fall, and hope one of the players doesn't qualify, or just end up not having a scholarship for the last one who does qualify.

6. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Amen, La. grown and very good qb's.

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

whats the story with Hebert going to NSU? just seems strange seeing someone with the last name Hebert way up in natch-i-trash.

8. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

actually berlin will start. Cokeer said that berlin out played crudup and that shouldn't happen since crudup has been in the system 3 years now. And rawls is the 1st string qb right now with white second. White will not start because he is too injury proned and once berlin learns the system which he will have done by fall he will start too. go to the ou and um boards and look at what people are saying.

9. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

ESPN was just saying the other day White is the probable starter. As for Rawls I have heard from some OU fans that he likes to party a little too much.

10. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

OU Family says

That Rawls has had some personal issues in the past. Jason White might not be over his injury that he had last yr. But it is hard to believe that Rawls will be the starter.

Berlin is the type of QB that can do great in the Miami system we will just have to wait and see.