collegefootballnews.com top 25

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Jul 9, 2004.

1. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

2. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I actually find them "dissing" USC and the Pac-10 way more than LSU. The only reason we are placed where we are is the fact that the SEC is that damn tough. They clearly state we can play with anyone in the country. I cannot blame them for the projected 9-2 record, and hope we prove them wrong. On the other hand I fully expect USC to cruise through their cupcake schedule, as CFN calls them out on having, and making it to the title game.

3. friday

friday Founding Member

more media bias from the mainstream

I think the analysis of the tigers is pretty accurate. #6 looks good considering the murderous beginning of the SEC schedule. the issue that I have with that top 25 is that they state that "LSU as defending NC with have a bullseye on its back". however, they don't mutter a word of that nonsense in their discussion of the #1 ranked trojans. it's like they want their cake and eat it too. the arguments that were made to nauseam about how USC was the real NC, but they don't have a bullseye on their backs. sounds like more media bs, to me.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree. Too many people here are upset because we are not preseason #1. Any objective "expert" looking at the loss of Mauck, Clayton, Henderson and Lavalais combined with our brutal road schedule would be a fool to pick us #1. #6 is not a bad presesaon place to be. I do, however, think that, until Georgia shows they can beat us, we should be ahead of them.

5. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

The problem with that is the line right at the top of the article:

They are saying that LSU is ranked where they are because the 5 teams ahead of us are better than us, not because of our schedule's brutality, or our 'bullseye on our back.' They just think those 5 teams are flat out better than us.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well if that's the case they are just wrong because 2 of those teams are still smarting from a Tiger Whuppin'.

7. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

You are being contradictory here. If LSU has the bullseye on its back and USC does not, how is this biased against us? If you take that at face value, it means that people are gunning for LSU due to our national title, while they are not gunning for USC b/c their national title does not mean as much.

8. dothantiger

dothantiger Founding Member

Yea....I agree with our spot, but I really do not agree with Michigan and Texas being so highly ranked. I see Michigan as a #8 or 9 team as best, and Texas not even in the top 10 or maybe even 15. Georgia is usally always ranked above us in preseason, so that doesn' bother me. Now, saying USC is unbeatable is going a little too far. Maybe they might be unbeatable in their kitty-10, but let them face any of the top 5 in the SEC and see what happens.

Overall, I like where we are....it'll just make us seem all the better as we climb to the top.

9. lsusaints

lsusaints Founding Member

who are they picking us to lose to beside georgia

10. atxfan

atxfan Founding Member

Texas #4? I guess it's due to their schedule. I hope the hogs put it on them again this year.