Color me impressed with the new look offense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Yes. It's possible E called Brady's plays.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

And before you start with the buzzard shit, kudos to O for bringing him in (realizing E didn't have a modern offense in him) and kudos to E for being humble and doing what's best for the team. E's a great Tiger, just not a great OC

3. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

Hey the crap was funny Carbuncle ...
    I got EXACTLY what they’re doing ...

Minger is just there to send a single letter and a number by radio to Joe ... Joe wears his armband and gets the play

NOW ENOUGH OF THE GARBAGE HERE

Think: If Alabama would spend millions to buy (rent until used up) 5-Star athletes and their families to win championships, what would they spend to:

1. BUY THE LSU PLAY BOOK
    2. Learn Alpha Numeric System
    3. Intercept the radio calls to QB
    4. Defeat the play in progress

Think they are clean, I got some beach front property to sell you in Henderson Swamp!
    I hope LSU has the sense to change up their system prior to the Bama game ...

There’s lotsa ways to screw the Tide if they are dirty ... Let’s say you’re calling a B-11 (Pass to Back in short side flat) ... You think you’re code has been compromised ... You give a signal (meaning Add 1 letter Add 2 #)
    An A-9 called becomes a B-11 ...

I watched the game last year ... Yeah we had OL issues, but it was uncanny how they had that PERFECT call almost every series. Don’t downplay what I’m telling you here ...
    And when we go into their house this year, it’s damn certain that they will have our play book ... Again, there are ways to put it to them if they’re cheating with this type O

4. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

OK fair enough all buzzards aside. So you think the plays the Saints run on offense are from outer space or secret plays no one else has ever seen or so brilliant no one else can learn? Whether they are or not (of course I think me and you both know the Saints plays are not from outer space or are secret plays) wouldn't you agree its WHEN YOU STRATEGICALLY CALL THOSE MAGICAL SAINTS PLAY'S? What makes a good OC is to know when to call certain plays no matter who's damm idea it is. I don't care who's idea it is on a play but rather WHEN to call that play. You want to trust a 27 year old guy who has never called a single play in any college game anywhere and especially at big time program like LSU go ahead. Designing plays are one thing but having the experience as to when to use them is where the rubber meets the road.

So who are you going to blame when the offense doesnt look so good?

5. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Sounds like we should blame Ensminger.........No?

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I hear the Saints are coming for him, Ensminger that is.

Bengal B and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Based on a one-game observation of the offense, I don't see that LSU is running the Saints plays! Watch a Saints game and you will see them frequently in a basic I formation. LSU QB's were in the shot gun every play except for victory formation. It may be a hybrid of the spread offense and Sean Payton's passing game, but its not the Saints' offense.

8. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

You don’t blame anyone ... Blame games are for Losers ... Oeaux brought us out of that pit ... The Saints plays and philosophy cannot be duplicated successfully by everyone except elite programs that are loaded with talent at WR TE & RB & QB

9. RamahRising

RamahRising Jedi Prophet

It’s a GUARANTEE Saban is in possession of or in the process of being in possession of the NEW LOOK LSU PLAYBOOK

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I already gave E credit for being a steadying influence, though I’m a bit taken aback that we need both O and E as steadying influences. I have a lot of respect for experience, and if it works, kudos to O (and E).

But you shouldn’t sell Brady short in your defense of E, it is pretty clear he has had a major impact on our offensive philosophy. I don’t think we look near as good vs GA Southern sans Brady.

LSU_4_LIFE and KyleK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.