Come on down, ATL will be rocking!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Glory Glory, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Gotta agree with Glory Glory on one point. You're right about us, the fans, worrying more about the BCS than you guys. Hopefully, tho, that problem is limited to fans, and not Saban. Saban hasn't seemed to let victories get to his head, thank the lord. We'll give you guys all we got. May the better team win.

2. redawg77

redawg77 Freshman

Wasn't that one blocked? A bit different than a miss, if so.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is not meant as a flame, but before the 1st meeting Georgia Fan had no fear of LSU and it was all about how great the Dawgs were. I sense now that there is some respect for what the Tigers have accomplished. You guys are confident about your chances, which is as it should be but I suspect the smack talk this week will be a little toned down. From both sides.

4. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Here we go again. Should we go analysis the tape to see if the kick was low or a bad hold or snap all to verify who gets credit

Do we need to add up all drops and see who had more?

Look at the tape again to see if Mauck was holding the ball wrong on his fumble late in the game while driving or was it just a great play by Georgia?

Do you see how stupid this sounds?

Normally I buy into the theory that it is hard to beat the same team twice, but since the media as well as most of Georgia seem to focus just on Georgia's missed FGs in the first game and say that Georgia was really the better team in that game, I do not think LSU has this stigma on them going into this game.

5. MaconGATiger

MaconGATiger Founding Member

Somehow I doubt that was all you complained about but the bottom line is this was not a choice by your O-line. They have no choice about how much pressure we put on Greene. The teams we have played this year have been outclassed upfront and that doesn't change. We learned our lessons in the Florida game. We are better now and we have the same game film you do for our coaches to devise new and exciting ways for your O-line to "let" us pressure Greene.

Only difference here is we deliver it instead of you guys coming to Red Stick to pick it up.

Smack aside. Great game ahead. LSU wins again.

6. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

This is my theory. It's like some rivalries where you can throw out the record books. Despite the awesome play of LSU, it seems that Georgia has every advantage this time, and it will be hard for the Tigers to pull out a W. The dome will have a majority of your fans, although I suspect a good amount of LSU fans to still go. I really feel this game could go either way. If we lay an egg, the W goes to UGA easily. If we come to play like against AU, 'Bama, we should win again. No matter what happens, this season was awesome, and I am very proud of LSU and all that was accomplished this year. What do you all say?

7. BufordDAWG

BufordDAWG Founding Member

No one knew how good LSU was before that game. You guys may say you did, but you really didn't know you were this good. Your team has continued to improve as well so its pretty scary.

Don't forget we were missing Fred Gibson, our number 1 scoring threat and Kregg Lumpkin didn't play either.

Granted we had no time to throw thanks to your awesome Dline, but I think you might be surprised by us this time.

8. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

If our offense played like it did at Arkansas, and our Defense plays like it did at Ole Miss and Georgia, I think we'll do fine.

9. Claw

Claw Founding Member

Check the records @ the Georgia dome....not sure of UGa's, but I know LSU has NEVER lost there....in 2 Peach Bowls and a SECCG, no losses. So who REALLY will have the "home dome" advantage? I also seem to remember the 3 teams we played there being very much more geographically adjacent to ATL than Baton Rouge/Louisiana is, i.e., Clemson, Ga Tech, and Tennessee. Does anybody know what UGa's record is in the GD?

10. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

buford dawg, dont forget LSU has found a running game that was not at the first meeting. It should be a good one.