Coming to Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gogators73, Oct 2, 2007.

1. gogators73

gogators73 Freshman

First time going to a LSU game and am very very excited. What should I do before the game? Also, where's good to park? I'm also staying near the French Quarter, if I leave Baton Rouge at 11 what time should I get to the quarter? Thanks.

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

parking's alot easier the earlier you get to campus. it gets harder exponentially after noon. with gameday being here as well i suggest getting here btwn 9-11 am.

when you get here you can take a walk to the parade grounds and check out gameday. there is tailgating ALL over campus. on the opposite side of the parade grounds closest to the union you could visit Team KATT, they are having a "washers" tourney that morning (or you could just watch).

we tailgate in front of coates hall on tower drive. and you could visit numerous and endless tailgates around the stadium and in the RV lots.

going back to N.O. is usually about an hour normally but multiply that by two and a half after a game.

3. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

While we're getting directions....Can anyone tell me about where is Mike's habitat located? I'll be tailgating in TD Village and am bringing my two kids, figured they would like to see it.

4. khounba

khounba Founding Member

North side of tiger stadium between the stadium and the p-mac. Can't miss it.

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Thanks, hopefully I'll have time to pass by and say hey with at the washers game.

6. mindy

mindy Founding Member

I highly recommend seeing Cowboy Mouth perform in front of the PMAC (TigerStadium side) at 3pm on gameday!! They are a band not to be missed!

1 person likes this.
  7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

If you are headed back to NO best place to park would be on the east side of campus. Somewhere around the Parker Colesium. Straight shot out to Stanford Drive and onto Acadian Thruway to the Interstate from there.

If you want I can set up an easy place to meet up and you can follow me in. That is the area i park and wouldn't mind a bit helping you out before and after.

8. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I love them, got two cds. Been a few years since I've seen them. Damn that's a lot of stuff to get to in one day.

9. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Good then maybe you can give me directions also:lol: I guess this means we won't be carpooling? When are you gonna be able to give directions? You won't be able to leave the stadium until you get the students off the field!:thumb:

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Well for one I can't park in the "S" lot anymore. They checked last game and he told me no more.

Two...I have to take down the NC flags after the game so I don't go onto the field anymore. I jet as soon as I drop them off.:yelwink2:

We can still carpool if you want but it wouldn't be a problem to show someone a good place to park.