Commander: Osama Probably Not in Pakistan Region

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../nm/20041019/wl_nm/security_pakistan_osama_dc

I said it months ago, I'll say it again.
    OBL isn't in Afghanistan or Pakistan he is in Iran.

It really wouldn't do us any good to have all the troops some people have wanted in the Afghanistan/Pakistan region now would it?
    So much for the old saying of rushing off to war and the war in Iraq is a distraction to the war in Afghanistan.

What a waste of troops it would've been to tracking down an old limped man
    in the mountains of Iran.
    OBL is just an old powerless man on the run now, the real leader to be after
    is in Iraq.

1 more thing,
    Its too bad that we didn't have an unfortune accident at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba and all those military combatants die.

Quote:pakistani authorities have vowed to hunt down Abdullah, a former Guantanamo Bay inmate who masterminded the abduction of two Chinese engineers working on a dam in the area on Oct. 9.

We're letting some of these combatants out and they are coming back to haunt us! :dis: :911: :usaflagwa

2. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you mean Osama is not in the Nevada desert someplace right now waiting for his "capture" next week?

j/k...but I would not put it past any politician this close to the election.

3. Sourdoughman

:rofl: :rofl:
    I think we both would admit that it would be mighty funny if Osama showed up in our custody within the next 2 weeks.
    You think chances of that happening is like the Red Sox beating the Yanks?
    I've been totally glued to the last 3 games including tonight.

btw maybe he's in Hollywood?

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I read an article in the Economist that said he is definately in Pakistan/Afganistan and is seeking treatment for a liver disease.

Wht do you think Iran SM?

And if you thin Bin Laden isn't calling the shots gimmie what you have been smoking. Just today it was reported that Zarqawi has declared he would follow Bin Laden's orders.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/18/al.zarqawi.statement/index.html

5. Sourdoughman

Just a hunch that I have.
    If you look at a map of Afghanistan, it is bordered by Iran just as much as Pakistan.
    How is it that none of these Al-Quada members fled to Iran but they are all on the Afghanistan/Pakistan border?
    It doesn't make sense, If I'm them I'm going to Iran because they harbor terrorists there as well as its more safe than Pakistan.
    I don't actually know if he's calling the shots or not but he definitely doesn't have command and control or communications like before, no way!

Seriously no offense but what does an economist know about OBL that a commander in the field doesn't, the article I have above.
    From what I understand Zarqawi was in Afghanistan training terrorists before we took out there camps there then he went to Iraq via Iran.

check this article out
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3483089.stm

this article takes the cake, he was in Iran before Iraq
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Musab_al-Zarqawi

Quote:After the September 11 attacks, Zarqawi first travelled to Afghanistan and was reportedly wounded in a U.S. bombardment. He moved to Iran to organize al-Tawhid, his former terrorist organization. Zarqawi then settled in the lawless, mostly-Kurdish regions of northern Iraq, where he joined the Islamist Ansar al-Islam group that fought against Kurdish-nationalist forces in the region. He reportedly became a leader in the group, although his leadership role has not been established. His followers claimed he was killed in a US bombing raid in the north of Iraq.

How is it that we have heard nothing from our media about Al Quada going from Afghanistan to Iran to Iraq? :dis:

6. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

There is no line of communication. A few US Generals on the ground have said this. He is still the figurehead, if alive, but he is not barking out orders.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OBL is dead and has been for a while. Don't you think they'd be propping him up and showing his face for propaganda purposes if he was still alive? Right now, he's wondering what all the fuss about Allah was.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Osama bin Laudin Current Disguise

Sometimes goes by the name Osamasina. Suspect considered well-armed, heavily guarded, and extremely skanky.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hey! I know her!! :grin: :grin: