Community support for the NOPD

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

The good citizens of New Orleans, eager to help the police clean up the streets, make the neighborhoods safe for children and the elderly, and lock up criminals, are firmly behind Chief Eddie Compass and are very vocal in their support at forum meetings!

Well, except for a few people who's "respectful difference of opinion" was so eloquently expressed by a Mr. Salaam Jihad (you can't make this up, people!)

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-9/111466958166450.xml

Now, let's end the sarcasm.

I read the article, and one thing about it doesn't add up to me, so somebody from the city, who knows about this stuff, please explain it for me.

How can New Orleans, the (pardon the blunt expression) blackest city in America (70%+ African-American) with nearly every major city-wide elected position held by a black person, with a black police chief, and a good chunk of the NOPD force now black, with black bouncers enforcing security at mostly hip-hop urban clubs, still be so "filled with racism?"

What kind of racism are we talking about here? :confused:

2. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

"Clad in camouflage fatigues and a T-shirt showcasing iconic Cuban revolutionary Che Guevara..."

Salaam Jihad???!!! A guy whose name translated literally means "Holy war
    be praised"?

I'm sorry, but I'm guessing this guy has absolutely no legitimate beef w/ NOPD. If it walks like a friggin' duck, and quacks like a friggin' duck...