Commuting

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by NoLimitMD, Apr 23, 2006.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

It only takes my husband 10-15 minutes to get to work. It used to take him just 5, but his office moved to the other side of the base. Me, it only takes a few steps since I work from home. I love it!!

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

i live about 2 miles off campus too. across from bogies:thumb:

3. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

My wife used to take the train to work and it would take her about 45 minutes. I have just changed jobs and will be closer to where she works so we are moving halfway between the 2 jobs .

If we were to stay here i would be commuting an hour and a half each way and she would still be 45 to 50 minutes if there is no wrecks.

The San Fran Bay Area is just a traffic nightmare. You have people all around the bay and there is just no fast way to get anywhere.

And you guys want to talk about bridge tolls. My wife has a friend at work that has to cross the Golden Gate every day. That gets expensive at 5 bucks a pop.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

19 mile commute each way. Drive time is 25-30 minutes mornings if I leave before 6:30. Afternoon drive is 30-45 minutes. If there's a wreck on I-35, everything goes to hell in a hurry. I'm afraid I'll be retired before all of the roads currently under construction and planned to ease the traffic congestion will be open.

5. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Less than a mile for me. Wife is about 1 1/2 miles. Takes me 3 minutes and her about 5.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I live off Brightside right next to River Rd. Love it - No traffic to and from school via River Rd (2 miles). The rest of the city is a different story. :dis:

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I haven't communted since mid-2002. Since then I've been lucky enough to have 2 jobs (new one this past Dec.) where I office from my house and travel to clients. Previous job I traveled about 30-40%, driving regionally (TX,OK,LA,AR,MS). With my new job I travel about 60-70% and cover a national territory. Either way, I spend more (quality) time at home than I did with any commuting job I had. It also gives me the ability to locate pretty much where I want (within certain boundaries), so I can choose to live in an area with good neighborhoods, schools, etc. After doing this for the past 4 years, I can't imagine going back to driving in to an office every day.

8. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I live off nicholson between gardere and bluebonnet and it takes me like 10 minutes to get to and from school. The only thing that makes it longer is when people are going away from campus and either turning from nicholson to W. Lee or Jennifer Jean. I hate those people.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I live in Aurora, Colorado, suburbs of Denver but am currently working the Mississippi Gulf
    coast since December with one month in Miami also.
    Luckily the Government pays all my transportation expenses!:hihi: :lol: :thumb: