Compare Brennan To Burrow What is Expectation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Apr 30, 2020.

1. TigerTap

TigerTap Founding Member

Of course he lies, Perp. Dude lives here 24/7. He just
    found out the Mike Greenberg formerly of "Mike & Mike" was a Jew.

His retort to being stupid? Calls me an anti-Semite. You can't make this stuff up. *Then about an hour or so later, he accuses me of being a Liberal, wearing a swastika. Bennie hit every single branch falling out of the stupid tree.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    unclenick, TheWant and Perple like this.
  2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

To answer the OP, I feel like the sky is the limit with Brennan IF he is as good as advertised coming out of high school. But I think an important factor, if not the most important factor, is if he can command the team like Burrow did. Burrow established his ability to confidently lead this team and the bought into it lock, stock, and barrel. By the time the 2019 season came around they all believed what Joe sold them, and they all believed in themselves. They knew it was their championship year from day one and went out and collected it. That is what Burrow brought to the team, and that is what Brennan has to establish. We've all seen other QB's that didn't have the tools that Brennan has come out after being #2 for 3 years and win a championship. I'm not saying it WILL happen, but it wouldn't be unheard of.

He has some really big shoes to fill though.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Real question is will minger regress to milesball 2.0 at the first sign of adversity by blonde jesus. Nothing worse than playing not to lose.

The 19 team under Brady and Burrow never played that way save a few quarters/series this year, FU and Barn if I recall. If I had to guess, that was minger taking the reigns.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I know the student who was assigned as Brady's personal assistant on the coaching staff. He assures me that Ensminger called all the plays last year. But I'm curious; what about the FU and Aubie games tells you minger "took the reigns?"

6. furduknfish

My cousin's plumber's gardener's nephew says he called them cuz he got to wear the headset. Brady was the one telling him which ones to call down.

In those games I recall getting significantly conservative, especially in the redzone. Go back and watch if you want, I'm going by memory. Kept those games much closer than they had to be.

I think Minger is a nice loyal LSU guy but Im not drinkin the kool-aid that somehow he turned into a genius playcaller in one season after 30yrs of mediocre at best career. That crap is reserved for zealots like Kaka. I genuinely expect regression without Brady. Change my mind.

7. mctiger

Ha! Pretty defensive there, dude.....the guy I'm citing was one of the guys holding up the playcards on the sidelines for the Tigers last year. Its not a BS "friend of a friend of a friend" source.

Your memory is half-right, if you want to define "conservative" as "we ran the ball a lot." The Auburn game we had the second most rushing attempts of the season, and weather may have had at least part of the say in that. It was sloppy and we weren't throwing the ball all that well to begin with. And we were exactly 50/50 in play calling vs FU, 24 rushes, 24 passes. But we averaged better than 9 yds a rush attempt in that game, and also trailed badly in time of possession, maybe because we were getting so many chunk plays when we did have the ball. We were efficient and balanced, but that doesn't mean conservative.

Regression? Again, depends on your definition. Considering we practically re-wrote the college record books on offense last year, hell yeah, I don't expect the same production either. Once you reach the top of Everest, there's nowhere to go but down.

fanatic likes this.
  8. furduknfish

Not defensive in the least. So your deepthroat wasnt in the booth. Making my point for me.

You glossed over redzone efficiency and instead throw up total game stats. Sorta like Kaka with his A&M game stats.

Regression would be 2018 production. That specific enough for you?

9. mctiger

My source was on headset. He listened to the plays being called. He heard who called them. Name one person in a genuine position to know that says Brady was calling the plays. Frankly, I've never heard anyone who could be even remotely considered a reliable source who has said otherwise.

Red zone efficiency? OK. For the season, we were at 79% touchdowns to red zone trips. 3 for 3 vs Florida, 2 of which were passes. 3 of 4 vs Auburn, 1 pass, 2 runs. Proving what? Ensminger must be calling plays because we scored on a run?

LSU_4_LIFE and watson1880 like this.
  10. furduknfish

Now who's defensive? (Rhetorical)