Comparing the SEC to 80's bands

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Nooo! Metallica, despite absolutely RUNNING sh*t in the 80's and very early 90's, has literally sucked swolen donkey balls since 'Justice.' But hey, I hate Aerosmith, too.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

its gotta be van halen. changed lead singers ("coaches" for you dumb non-LSU fans) and stayed on top.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Gotta disagree. Wouldn't want LSU to be associated in any way with David "Me" Roth. Quite, frankly, even though I was at LSU in the 80's (the era of "glam rock" ), at least for my tastes, there was very little good music made. I'll go with Aerosmith.

How about comparing Pac 10 teams to 80's bands. USC = Wham. What else would you expect from the land of fruits and nuts ?

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Well now hold on a second. Nick Saban in some lights could be seen as David Lee Roth, the BEST thing to happen to LSU but at the sametime, never the same after he left.

Les Miles as Sammy Hagar, not a bad singer, just a BAD FIT for Van Halen, kind of like LSU and Miles.

Things that make you geaux HMMMMMMMMM!

5. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Well they have sucked since ...And Justice For All, which was their best one but I just heard one of their new songs for the new album and it actually sounds pretty good, bringing back the double bass which is always welcome.

6. HatcherTiger

Hooray, Nick Saban returns !!!!!!!! :

Former VAN HALEN frontman David Lee Roth — who hasn't seen Eddie Van Halen for years — has implied in recent interviews that they have been talking again and their management are involved in putting the group back together.

Roth said: "I see it absolutely as an inevitability. It would be very simple to put together. I definitely see it happening."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=53870

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Eddie doesn't agree.

8. HatcherTiger

9. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Justice would have been a true masterpiece if it had been studio mixed better. The tunes are wonderful, but man the treble kills me. I didn't like it at the time but I went back and listened to the Black album recently and it has aged nicely. The rest after that blows.