Conceal and Carry

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by tigerchick46, Jan 27, 2016.

1. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

So I'm taking a class this weekend, I know it will allow me to carry a gun in my car which is the main reason I'd like to have it or in my purse. Do any of you guys have one and what are all the rules? Are there certain places I can't carry a gun, does it allow me to carry in other states? I presume airports are a huge no/no......just looking for some info from those who might have one, thanks in advance.

2. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

I have concealed carry for MS so cannot speak to what all the LA one allows you to do but I can say that yes it will allow to carry in other states with which LA has reciprocity but not in states where there is no reciprocity. When you get your license you should get a list of all the states that recognize the LA license. As far as in MS a simple permit allows you to carry most places but not at several others like parades, courthouse, school, ball games, etc......but with the enhanced endorsement on the permit almost all those restrictions are gone and can carry most anywhere except a courthouse while court is in session. Of course on private property the owner can say no guns allowed but if you still concealed carry in that case it would be a simple trespass ticket and not a gun violation of any kind. We are also open carry in MS which is great.

tigerchick46 likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

First of all, in Louisiana you can keep one in your vehicle without a permit. There is also no such thing as "Concealed" when it's in your vehicle. If you have a permit and are carrying it on your person you must notify an officer who pulls you over- that will be covered in your class.

As to other states, always check before going but most offer reciprocity with Louisiana but some have very different regs as to what/how you can. For example, I think in Alabama you can have a gun in your vehicle but ammo must be in trunk. I'm not certain on this but there are numbers to call for info on this if you're visiting another state. Here are some:
    Texas (512) 424-7293
    Alabama (334) 242-7300
    Mississippi (601) 987-1586
    Florida (850) 488-5381
    Georgia (404) 657-2203 (for vball)
    Oklahoma (800) 522-8017 Ext. 2519 (for shane)

There are places you are not allowed to carry:
    A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    • A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    • A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    • A polling place;
    • A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    • The state capitol building;
    • Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    • Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship; See RS 40:1379.3 (U)
    • A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
    • Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    • Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  4. LSUTiga

On reciprocity, here's a map.
    [​IMG]

5. LSUTiga

If you're going to be a pistol-packin momma, don't ever pull that pistol unless you intend on using it cause if the other guy has one, it's coming out.

Also, a purse is not a safe place to carry a pistol. I can fetch you stories about kids getting to them, something hooking the trigger when taking it out, etc. I know you're hard-headed though so make sure you get a holster with a trigger guard and a snap to hold it in.

6. LSUTiga

One last thing, there is a lower BAC for permit holders so be careful when you drink cause if you get pulled over with a .05 or higher, you will not only get your permit revoked but a DUI.

And let me educate your country ass on something so you don't go to Texas and embarras us. It's "Concealed Carry". I've never seen it called "Conceal and Carry," EVER. ;)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  7. LSUTiga

This was my qualifying target. Easy as hell. Only like 10 yards away. I had one low shot but was intentional. I tried to shoot his dick off.

[​IMG]

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I used to hit that shit at night from 30 yards, dawg.

shane0911 and LSUTiga like this.
  9. LSUTiga

Oh I have very limited experience with a handgun, really. I haven't shot 1000 rounds. I used to hunt a lot but mostly ducks, doves and squirrels so shotguns were used.

10. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I saw that....

That too.....

But thanks for all the good info darlin....:)

LSUTiga likes this.