Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 1, 2015.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not long ago someone was saying conceal carry permit holders don't have a positive impact on saving lives, etc. Like I said earlier, it happens more often than most people realize.

http://hsrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO4lhR...yOS5odG1s/RS=^ADAVJdU_Klea9ZSytSfqsjwnFi_bnI-

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The flip side is that concealed carry permit holders commit gun crimes more often than people realize. Since 2007, at least 763 people have been killed by someone with a concealed carry permit. Those deaths are the result of 579 separate shootings, all initiated by someone who was given the legal right to carry a concealed weapon in public.

Mass Shootings Committed By Concealed Carry Killers

Killers With Concealed Handguns: George Zimmerman Isn't the Only One

People with concealed carry permits have committed at least 29 mass shootings since 2007

3. LSUTiga

People who want to shoot a place up don't need a permit. Most crimminals don't bother to get a conceal carry permit. Nothing to do with the topic though. Start a thread on it if you want. We're talking about protection for the law abiding citizens.

If I may use a piece from you 3rd link to make my case though:

watson1880 and Bengal B like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Bound to happen every now and again. What's going to happen in a situation where there are a bunch of people and Citizen Rambo shoots up the wrong people?

5. LSUTiga

Being responsible and recognizing safety of innocent by-standers is covered in the class. Happens in the military all the time though. Does that mean we should consider hand-to-hand combat again?

watson1880 likes this.
  6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'll talk about whatever I want to. You say carry permits prevent crimes. I say they are involved in more crimes than they prevent. I'm not against carry permits at all, I have one. But what you suggest is misleading and there is a lot more to the story.

7. LSUTiga

That is misleading. I've already addressed, and shot down, your attempt in derailing this thread cause your ass hurts from being the one unnamed in my opening post of this thread.

Bengal B and watson1880 like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm just speaking from the way I see it. I would not want to be in a place with my child with a bunch of Tackleberrys. I don't know them anymore than I know a supposed criminal, and a class isn't gonna do shit when the shit goes down.

9. LSUTiga

It's a valid concern. It has happened.

10. LSUTiga

Myth: Concealed carry laws increase crime
    [​IMG]
    Fact:
    Forty three states, comprising the majority of the American population, are “right-to-carry” states – thirty six are “shall issue” states where anyone without a criminal record will be issued a permit, and seven states require no permit. In 1988 there were only 10 “right-to-carry”. Statistics show that in these states the crime rate fell (or did not rise) after the right-to-carry law became active (as of July, 2006). Seven states are “may issue” states where it is nearly impossible to obtain a CCW permit.

Fact: Gun homicides were 10% higher in states with restrictive CCW laws, according to a study spanning 1980-2009 1

Fact: Crime rates involving gun owners with carry licenses have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988. 2

Fact: After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, 3.

Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. 4 Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year. 5

Fact: More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws. 6

Type of Crime % Higher in
    Restrictive States
    Robbery 105%
    Murder 86%
    Assault 82%
    Violent Crime 81%
    Auto Theft 60%
    Rape 25%
    Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages. 7

Fact: Deaths and injuries from mass public shootings fall dramatically after right-to-carry concealed handgun laws are enacted. Between 1977 and 1995, 8 the average death rate from mass shootings plummeted by up to 91% after such laws went into effect, and injuries dropped by over 80%. 9
    http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/concealed-carry/

watson1880 and Bengal B like this.