Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Horrible. Even if the father had been alone there is no excuse for shooting at the car unless he was shooting at them. Guys who make a run for it in a car always get caught.

Didn't say why they were after him but since he is white and the incident started on Martin Luther King Ave he was probably trying to buy drugs. Not an offense that justifies shooting

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Not saying it was a valid reason. Just pulled that from article. Also interesting:
    Does Louisiana have capabilities to use ballistics here?

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That might be their excuse but that's a bunch of bullshit to start unloading clips into a vehicle because it's driving off. Move out the way.

4. LSUTiga

Sooo, there's no way in your mind that a white guy could have black friends? Or does a street named after a black man have to be drug laden?

I guess now you'll say his mom had jungle fever.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The blue line won't budge on this one. I'd like to see republicans who are so adamant about how labor unions and teachers unions protect shitty teachers and workers that should be fired speak up about police unions who do the same thing. Protect shitty cops that should be fired or put in jail.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He could have had black friends. He could have been a landlord collecting rent. Why do you think he was there?

I have seen streets named Martin Luther King all over the country. Every single one of them was a bad neighborhood. But I haven't been everywhere. Maybe there's one somewhere in a gated community of billionaires. Anything is possible.

7. LSUTiga

Teacher unions can't save shitty teachers. Documentation can oust even a veteran. I've seen 5 given the ax in the last 12 months. With the documentation most will resign before taking the termination.

The problem is most principals lack the intestinal fortitude to sit face-to-face with another adult and do it. Even WAY before it gets to that point, most administrators don't have the balls to work with teachers who need help. Sounds stupid? Here's the problem. To help them the admin would first have to tell them they have weaknesses. They can't even do that.

8. LSUTiga

His mom worked nearby. I'm thinking he was making a dash towards her workplace.

I just found your response funny cause it's what MOST people assumed- according to comments I read on another forum. All you white privilege sum bitches.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

They were trying to serve him a warrant. That's it. He ran to avoid being served a warrant. And while I don't know what justification the marshals had, if any, to start shooting (I know they had him cornered in a dead end street and he was still trying to crash his way out when they started shooting), the stepfather has to have a share of the blame. Accept the warrant, have your day in court. Don't escalate the situation - that didn't have to become a situation at all - by running from the cops with your kid in the car.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A warrant or a subpoena? A warrant means the are going to arrest you. If it was just a subpoena there wouldn't have been a need for mor than one officer to serve it.

Whatever it was the father deserves asuch blame as the marshals. If he lives he will have to live with that every day for the rest of his life. So will the marshals who are also to blame.

mctiger likes this.