Concealed carry permit holder puts another thug down, forever.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 8, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I don't get why anyone wants a world in which only the criminals have guns.

2. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Murders and accidental deaths, should not be categorised together. It's a false premise. That said we legal gun owners must ensure we properly secure our weapons. If for no other reason than to stop the anti gun side from using it as a crutch for their argument.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

How is it a false premise? The more guns are widely distributed, the more people die from being shot by them. Accidents, intentional, etc. is only a circumstance. The gun still exists and someone is still dead. It doesn't change the fact that you're more likely to be killed by your own gun than you are to use it for a justifiable homicide.

A false premise would be using this scenario to argue that the more guns people have the safer we are with them.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Then why is it that the cities and states with the harshest gun laws have the highest crime rates? If you were a robber and one town had a 90% chance of any citizen being armed and another town had only a 10% chance of any citizen being armed which town would you choose to ply your nefarious trade?

watson1880 likes this.
  5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Shew with that kinda thinking maybe we should limit the number of automobiles a family > 3 should be able to own. You do know there are more deaths caused from vehicle accidents than guns, right?

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. LSUTiga

Lol. How many toddlers accidently shoot their mom in the head. Oh and the support you linked does say "mother". I know you

It's a statistical argument that's impossible to measure so YOU can't win either. This thug, for example, how many future crimes were prevented by pluggin his ass?

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. It's about having a choice, a choice to arm oneself for protection. I choose to be armed so feel free to come break into my house and threaten my family any time.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  7. LSUTiga

Here's why you can't lump them (homicide, suicide, etc.) all together in your argument.

Myth: Accidental gun fatalities are a serious problem

[​IMG]
    http://www.gunfacts.info/gun-control-myths/accidental-deaths/

mctiger and Winston1 like this.
  8. MLUTiger

I do love when people bring cars into the conversation. It gives an opportunity to point how how regulation has reduced automobile related deaths.

You are aware that we have taken steps to reduce the number of deaths by automobile, right? It's highly regulated. Safety belts, air bags, licensing and many restrictions placed on the manufacturer to make it safer and reduce the number of deaths. These are the things that the NRA and Conservatives have resisted to be done with firearms. Why?

9. MLUTiger

I'm unsure as to what your point is, but what do you feel is an acceptable number of accidental deaths by firearms? How many children dying from firearms is cool with you?

It's nopt impossible to measure. The FBI measures it every year and has for decades. You don't like that it can be measured so you choose to ignore it. The stats don't disappear because you don't like what they say.

No one if refuting this point. Feel free to own as many guns as you like. Hopefully no one shoots you with them.

10. MLUTiger

Yeah, that's not an argument to not discuss all gun-related deaths at the same time.