Concealed carry permit holder puts another thug down, forever.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 8, 2016.

1. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

One is a conscious act, and the other is a accident. It would be like comparing deaths by car accidents and deaths by people purposefully running over other people with their car.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Who's comparing? Not me?

If I die because a bullet created a cavity in my head where my brain used to be, it doesn't really matter if it was intentional or accidental. I'm still dead due to the use of a firearm. When regulations were created for automobiles and drivers, the goal wasn't to reduce only accidental deaths or only intentional deaths. Regulations have been written to reduce the number of deaths by automobile for both reasons.

Besides, splitting them into different categories doesn't help your argument. Its just creates two different conversations.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

It does matter if I intentionally meant you harm or unintentionally did harm you. That question is associated with every crime.
    If I want to harm you then I will find a way gun, knife, bat whatever and I own that guilt.
    if I have a gun and my kid unintentionally shoots me, because I was careless that is my fault alone not my toddler who should not have had access to it.

Bengal B likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's highly regulated yet we are 68 times more likely to die in an automobile accident. You think regulation is the answer? LMAO You ever know the government to fix anything. They can't even decide if they want to sit or squat to piss right now. Maybe we need to do some unregulating.

You use regulations reducing automobile-related deaths as a counter punch when you are STILL 68 times more likely to die in an automobile crash than accidental shooting. Like LVT would say, that's rich.

But hey, tiga's a fair guy so if you don't like cars, use medical mistakes or drowning. There any regs on doctors? What about regs that protect us from drowning such as mandatory life jackets with boats under 15 ft. etc? Yet those account for way more deaths than accidental ones by guns.

Don't spin. What I feel is an acceptable number has nothing to do with the facts. How many automobiles, medical mistakes or falls are okay with you before we stop driving, having surgeries, and/or getting off of the ground?

I really don't give a fuck, as long as I have a right to decide whether I want a gun in my house or not.

5. MLUTiger

I don't know if it's 68 times more likely or not. Fro all I know, it's a number you pulled from your ass. However, let's just assume the number is correct.

What was the number before regulation? Before seatbelts? Airbags? DWI/DUI laws? Before the designs of frames that crumple around the passenger cabin?

No one is arguing to eliminate deaths. It's an unrealistic goal. Reducing deaths, however is very realistic. The data is overwhelmingly in favor of regulation. I'm not even sure how it's up for debate. It's math. Also, this conversation is about guns, not knives, cars, water, etc. Don't try to distract from the discussion with smoke and mirrors of other causes of death. Save that for the "What's the worst way to die" or other relevant thread. It's not relevant here. I'm just pointing out the data. This isn't a personal opinion.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's relevant if the discussion is about things which are responsible for more deaths than guns. Which is why he brought them up.

Unless you are more interested in getting rid of guns than deaths. Which is what most people are about.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. LSUTiga

Stop trying to spin this argument. You lost it after your first response. If you can't see that after I showed you, twice, I'm not going to waste my time.

8. MLUTiger

Spin?

I'm the ONLY person in this conversation NOT dropping red herrings.

Do you even know what spin is? I'm the person who has been asking the same thing since the beginning. Now you're just throwing out words you heard someone else say before. Spin is trying to water down the deaths by firearms as if they're less dead by firearms. Spin is using terrible analogies and then trying to crawfish after you learn they prove MY point, not yours.

Spin?

I'm the model of consistency...

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

In some ways I understand the liberal drumbeat to control guns. Everyone should and I'm sure does want the senseless deaths to be prevented. However I don't think additional regulation is close to being the answer. The casual disregard for others' lives is the root cause of the violence. Guns, knives, clubs, fists and just about everything else is used to kill for little or no reason. Fear, fear of being thought weak are prime movers as are jealousy and a distrust of authority.
    Until we start treating others with the understanding that every life is precious and nothing...not pride or position mean as much.
    Until we change people's hearts and minds laws will only work on the edges

10. LSUTiga

True stuff.

Today I saw where an off-duty cop shot/killed someone who was on a stabbing spree. Point-being, the gun saved lives from a knife. Goes back to what you said about what's in the heart.

Our society has spiraled downward the more we move away from the Cleaver and Ingalls style of family.