Concealed carry permit holder puts another thug down, forever.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, May 8, 2016.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Such a paradox. Though legal, open carry makes people more nervous where they generally don't have a problem with you carrying as long as they don't see it.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Open carry won't happen out here in the land of fruits and nuts. They're too worried about LBGT rights, making illegals legal, and not much else.

3. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Agreed but what he stated is open would be constitutional

4. LSUTiga

And aren't other states considering if conceal carry is a constitutional without need for a permit? California is always a step behind the norm so that would be about right, if I'm correct.

I think open carry is banned, currently in California.
    From vbal;'s link:
    Even this is shit. If you're in a situation in which you need to defend yourself, you sometimes don't have much time to even grab the gun, muchless start fumbling for a magazine to shove in and rack.

5. LSUTiga

Not supposed to carry at all in an establishment that sells liquor. Not sure what the circumsances were surrournding this situation.
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/06/...active-shooter-lyman-south-carolina-nightclub

6. LSUTiga

No shit. Now Californians will have to undergo background checks to buy ammo. LMAO.

But it's no big deal to steal a gun or buy a stolen one.
    I guess glocks fall under this one.

Lucky this one below didn't make it.
    http://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...ontrol-bills-8336745.php?cmpid=twitter-tablet

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Not in Sakerlina. Two years ago....

"South Carolina on Tuesday became the latest state to allow concealed weapons in bars, making it the most recent victory ground for gun rights activists who have peeled back more than a dozen state-level gun restrictions in recent years.

The new law, signed by Gov. Nikki Haley a week after a man was fatally shot in a South Carolina bar parking lot, allows people holding concealed-weapon permits to carry firearms in places that serve food or alcohol, as long as they don’t drink while inside. The law has a significant exemption: Establishments may enact their own weapon bans, provided they post a large sign in their window warning customers of their policy."

The shooter in this recent case did have a CWP.

8. LSUTiga

I understand this and I knew the shooter had a CWP I just didn't figure he'd be at a bar without drinking since it was early morning. I didn't feel like explaining the restaurant exemptions some states have either. The 60% stuff.

I wish someone would tell my why it's illegal to carry concealed in or at a parade.

EDIT: Sorry about my choice of words cause I did say, "at all" which was incorrect. Thanks for correcting that to avoid misinformation.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I had no idea what the law was there. I didn't know about Florida/Orlando until I looked it up. States all have different laws. I suspect the South and Southeast are the most favorable to gun owners.

California sucks. Background check for ammo purchases and for anyone being loaned a gun from a non-family member. So in San Berdoo, the family members of the localized terrorists could have received guns with no background check. Makes sense.

10. LSUTiga

The SEC is definitely in the top 25, as usual; but Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Utah have consistently been ranked the friendliest states. Heck in Alaska, carrying a gun is like wearing a wristwatch. It would probably draw more attention if someone DOES NOT have a gun strapped.

I've often heard Texas too. You can shoot someone in the back to stop them from fleeing with the property after they've committed a burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft.