Concentration Camps in America???

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's been debunked. All they are doing there is repairing trains.

3. Sourdoughman

You rightwingers better be civil tomorrow or Obama will lock you up in one of these concentration camps.
    Matter of fact you had better not say anything bad about him or his government!

4. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

This conspiracy stuff is what nerdy types get into when they aren't into SciFi.

I mean, a "Mental Health Facility" for 2 million people in Alaska? What the hell does that even mean? Are you putting them each in a padded room? Will you have 2 million straight jackets? Are the Pharmaceutical companies going to build factories there to deal with the daily demands of doling out millions of pills? Is there an army of hundreds of thousands of Doctors and Therapists who are going to be on the Govt payrolls in order to see 2 million patients? If they are putting 2 million people in a concentration camp against their will, then why would they give a hoot about Mental Health? Do thinking people in charge of this conspiracy think that Mental Health can be achieved through forced incarceration?

Going on, do you realize that the population of Houston, Texas is a little over 2 million? Do you understand the logistics of building a camp that large to support that many people? Sewage. Kitchens. Housing. You would have to build hundreds of thousands of buildings in that one camp alone, not to mention quarters for the army of doctors, thousands and thousands of troops and police... You would need a massive power plant. This would all take years and years to build, and would cost Billions of dollars, and involve thousands of workers. Millions of acres of land. Providing food alone to 2 million people would be a monumental achievement in itself.

And we are only talking about one of these camps, out of many others?

This is so laughably stupid that it boggles the mind that any person in their right mind can not see through the BS. But I guess not all of us were born with critical thinking skills.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sourdoughman

No one ever said it was going to be a 5 star hotel!
    Really, Did all the concentration camps in Nazi Germany have all of these amenities?
    I don't know if I believe this stuff or not, I admit that I'm skeptical.
    I'll take this as an insult since its my thread however what I find so laughably stupid are people who actually believe Obama when he says government is the only thing that can fix the economy and our problems.
    We always here about how the Democrats will fix the war on poverty and they have yet to do it!

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

7. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Ouch, severe non-sequiter! Is there ever a thread with you that doesn't break down into how much Democrats suck, regardless of the topic? I feel the same about Obama and the Democrats, but wow, it's definitely on your mind, eh?

I'm sorry if I was insulting to you. Maybe my tone was too harsh and I don't mean to sound like a total ass. I just find conspiracy theories that don't stand up to logical thinking to be ridiculous. A camp to hold 2 million people is impossible, unless you did the "Escape from New York" thing with Kurt Russell. Hmmm. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him around lately...

I have a severe distrust for the Government, but getting the word out to people about Government abuses and the slippery slope we are on to losing our Freedoms by using silly assertions, does not help things. It's like all of the 9/11 "Truthers" who were out giving support to Ron Paul. It turns alot of people off to what may have been otherwise valid underlying criticisms of the Govt.

But it is interesting fiction and would go great in a novel.

8. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I miss Martin.

9. Sourdoughman

It had very little to do with Democrats suck.
    It had more to do with how only government can fix all your problems and that just so happens to be the slogan of most Democrats.
    No problem, now speaking of Kurt Russell and Escape From New York I just thought about Red Dawn, was thinking Kurt Russell was in there somewhere but maybe not.

I have a severe distrust of the government as well but you have no way of knowing what a silly assertion is in some cases until you do the research and visit various sites to find out for yourselves, myself included.
    I would rather question and investigate something than to disregard it as fiction.
    There are plenty of things that have happened in the US and the world that people could dismiss as fiction!

I don't know about your last sentence, I will think about that a while but it seems to me that if you let people on either the far right or left sway you from supporting some candidate or misuse of government then we all lose.

10. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

Awesome movie. You are thinking about Patrick Swayze.

I just don't think you can really do honest research on top secret matters using the internet. Anybody can make up anything.

I question everything. But when something sounds obviously outside of the realm of possibility, like a prison for 2 million people, then it gets dismissed as kookery. Whoever is advancing this story would have done far better by not making fantastical sounding claims like that and kept it in the realm of physical possibility.

True enough, which is why I still voted for Ron Paul, but in the modern era, image and message is incredibly important, and it is easy to let an honest, powerful message get diverted by other people trying to attach their cause or conspiracy theories to the movement.