Confidence of the Board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Oct 19, 2010.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I am reading the threads and I feel that the confidence of the board is extremely high!

I like that! - Scatch that - I LOVE IT!

In one sentence - sum up why you think LSU wins or loses this game!

2. LSU_4_LIFE

I'll Start:

I think LSU wins this game because I have confidence in J-Lee and his ability to sustain drives and consistantly move the chains!

3. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

Tiger Defense!

4. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Fastest, most physical defense in the country.

Cam had better protect that ball. There are gonna be some bad, bad dudes gunning for it.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Looking back on pre season predictions, this was the 1 game I had LSU losing, and the only reason I did pick them to lose this game preseason was because it was at Auburn.

However I think LSU can win this game, if the refs call it down the middle. The reason I think they can win is simply because no matter what happens, this team seems to always find a way to dig themselves out of holes they put themselves in. I don't think Cam Newton can beat LSU by himself, and frankly that is really all Auburn has. They have a few good guys on D, but not enough to stop LSU, lead by Jarrett Lee who is the only LSU quarterback to win @ Auburn since Herb Tyler.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

in the preseason i had LSU losing to UF, AU, Bama, and Arky.

at that time, of all those losses, i actually thought AU was one they could steal.

not sure how i feel about this game. usually i'd go with the home team, but LSU played really well in the swamp. JH will be just as bad.

i'm torn with a prediction right now.

7. vwinterr

vwinterr Founding Member

::typed through some p&g glasses::

I think Cam will get his, but much less then he or any auburn fan thinks. With Nevis taking away the middle lane... he either looks for a gap and meets shep... stretches it outside to get 3-4yds with shep using an angle or pp/whatever db stepping up...

I believe he'll have to beat us with his arm... that or just take the 3 yards and drown out ToP in a low scoring game (possible). If he tries to throw... then I think we'll be okay too. Obv. PP's side of the field is covered... matthieu is clearly a stud... and claiborne has the most INT's (tied for #1 in the SEC right?? could be wrong, but know he's up there)... I think he could get frustrated and try to force things.

Offensively we all know it depends on how much time JJ gets... with Lee in, the dumps to deangelo will be there all day for 6-8 yds. Everyone knows there secondary is suspect, and our WR's are soo undervalued right now b/c of the QB play that it's insane... They can find the open space.

I hate to be 'that' guy, but I really hope there aren't questionable calls either way. I don't want another year of auburn/lsu bickering 'but last year... but two years ago at your place... but the time before that'... etc.

The question to me is #1... will JJ spend more then 3minutes in the game (I think this is pretty much a universal question/concern)... #2 if something goes wrong will Lee keep his head on straight and move on. I think he can. 3 - can we come back from the one or two big plays they are most likely going to make?... and #4 - do they kick to PP at all?...

Very confident though. As I said when we were 4-0/5-0... we're one decent QB away from one hell of a special season... and Lee looks to be more the mediocre. Hopefully he gets to prove how above average he really is.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

That's the scary thing, A lot of us had us losing to Auburn pre-season picks.

I think thats what has me sleeping un-easy at night, because its Auburn. Not because its a road game against the undefeated #4 team in the nation - because ITS AUBURN!

Our boys need to be ready and on point!

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

It's not Auburn that scares me, it's that stadium and the refs.

10. Celtic Tiger

Celtic Tiger Tiger Stadium West Dorm

It's not the Swamp.
    One trick pony is not enough!!

Our offense has a bunch of guys that are due for big games.
    Saints Ivory took a few games to bust out. The Team knows they're good and they were picked a dog. I think the go in there with a chip on their shoulders. Think about it, what Arkansas was good at Arburn didn't handle. 45 was put on that team. I kinda of feel they're ripe for the picking. Miles' comment about where the team's head is at is reminiscent of 2007.