Confidence of the Board

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Oct 19, 2010.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Clock management? Sooner or later, it has to be right.....

The historically famous Fighting Tiger Spirit.....

What a change from last year though....everyone spit and cussed if JL came in the game.......now he is top dog..make that tiger....wonder if he has any trouble getting dates now?

2. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Just as long as there's not a fire burning outside the stadium, I think we will win. When was that game with the fire? It was AU wasn't it? Did we win that one? I can't for the life of me remember!

If JL gets 90% of the snaps, we will be OK! Our D is going to keep Cam in check. And the special teams will get us some point off a turnover. It will be an excellent game! Low scoring I think.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I think that Auburns offense is going execute much better than a lot of LSU fans are anticipating. I also think that we can not over look any aspect of this team, including their defense and secondary.

Auburn is the 1st team this LSU defense has faced that can strike quick and strike often. We need to take a long look at the Auburn vs Miss St. game and the first half of the Auburn vs. Clemson game

4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Great defense beats great QB. Unless, once the D gets there, they start bouncing off. LSU has speed, but they are a little small and Newton is Tebow like in the pocket. If it's in BR, I would say too much of a one man band. At Auburn, home cooking is going to help. With outstanding speed, It's not about getting to the QB, a lot of teams have, it's more about wrapping up. Withstand the first quarter as they go spread and misdirection at the speed of light and toward the end, PP has to stay in the game for a change.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Auburn-LSU: The Twilight Zone of College Football | Bleacher Report

Let that bitch burn!!!!!!

6. LSU_4_LIFE

As the morning has turned into afternoon near evening, I feel a lot worse about this particular match up.

Going over to the Auburn Forum and reading their thoughts on this matchup, they seem much more confident & almost convinced this game is theirs.

Over on our boards, I sense more fans have faced reality.

Reality for us: We dont have a clue, because we dont have a clue what team shows up saturday. We dont know who gets the start at QB, and we dont know how many snaps JJ gets vs JL. We also dont know how effective either of them is going to be.

The Above is normal feelings for us the last few weeks, but what is not normal, is that Our ALMIGHTY defense will be facing the toughest test of the season. I am anxious to see how our defense responds to the heisman hype of QB Cam Newton and whether or not he pick us apart as he has successfully done to quite a few teams this year.

I will tell you guys right now, I am not confident going into saturday, but once the first couple of series are out of the way, and I can get an idea of what team LSU brought to the game, I'll atleast feel better knowing what to expect!

7. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

It's ez to see
    De confidence in me
    Cause of ole J Lee
    and d' bad azz D

I'm out!

8. LSU_4_LIFE

I love PP - But the Cramping gets annoying sometimes

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Half the rushing yards have gone to the 3 headed monster of Dyer/McCalebb/Fannin.

It's not that one-sided that Cam Newton takes up all the offense. As CadillacAttack stated, he simply makes everyone around him better. And those running backs have delivered big time, to the tune of a 6 yard per carry average. That's a big number.

If Dyer can't go or is ineffective, that's huge for LSU.

This team plays its best ball in the 4th quarter when they have physically worn you down, outscoring opponents 69-21. That's the true test in this game. With our bouts of dehydration and cramping, that doesn't bode well for us late in the game. Somebody better do their job hydrating our players come Saturday afternoon.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I fully expect to win this game with no miracle needed.