Confidence on the rise at AU...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Mar 17, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

with LSU as their sole measuring stick.

wesfAU

Re: Who else is glad that we are playing LSU early once agai
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me.

1gaino
    (3/16/04 5:30:12 pm )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    And Me. Our schedule is hugely favorable overall.

LeeMan101
    (3/16/04 5:32:58 pm )

count me in......

gotigers23
    (3/16/04 9:20:38 pm )

MURPH-
    GREAT POST!

agree with everything! i think early game plus being at jordan-hare sings SOME things the AU way!

AUBIEFORPREZ
    (3/16/04 10:25:05 pm )

It will be interesting to see the way our team improves throughout the season.......follow me on this......... its normal to start out slow, then get better every week. Just working out the rust. Thats what I thought would happen in 2003 after USC, then told myself again the week after. We had a tough schedule, but I'll just go ahead and say it, we had a crappy year, especially considering the talent we had. I wont rant on my reasons, b/c most of you have read them in many of my posts. LSU will be our first major test in my book, and we will have plenty of chances to work out the kinks in some easy games. It will get the team hyped enough to play well, and memories of last year will be great motivation.
    Thanks for that post Murph, we have had some wonderful games with them over the years. I cant wait to take it to the corndogs this fall.

SiriusGlass
    (3/16/04 11:19:27 pm )
    I`m very pleased about the schedule. WDE!!!
    enjoy every sandwich

AUtigerinMS
    (3/17/04 12:02:04 am )

count me in the positive column!!!

dunnCat78
    (3/17/04 12:52:54 am )

hopefully it will be a nite game....it seems like as of late lsu gets our game at tiger stadium at nite and we are stuck with JP at our home game

TigerWar
    (3/17/04 1:38:12 am )
    Dude, that was a great post. Brought back a lot of AUsome memories. Hell, the corndogs could even enjoy that post. Damn man, do you have a photographic memory?

Hey Dunn, no way this game is on JP. LSU will be in the top 5 possibly, and Auburn will be in the top 15. You'll see this one at 2:30 on CBS. I, like you, wishes it was a night game.
    The Man...The Myth...The Legend...

aumurph
    (3/17/04 6:50:22 am )

Yeah, I tend to remember many details when it comes to football. Maybe I'll do another one sometime in the future.

cadillacattack
    (3/17/04 7:21:07 am )

Great post Murph. I've always loved the fact that many of our matchups against LSU have unusual names associated with them, and most serious AU fans know exactly what you're speaking of when you mention them...... Earthquake game, Barn Burner, Interception game, the Cigar game, and so forth. It's been a good series in recent memory.

Given the pure hatred that many LSU fans have for Auburn, it's a wonder that it's not a bigger rivalry game, and maybe one day it will be. But right now, I'd rank them behind Bama, UGA, and UF.... but hey, things change.

"Illegitimus non Carborundum"

bammanm
    (3/17/04 7:44:48 am )
    Great post indeed.

About the 92 game. It was a cloudy, grey day for the entire game. Just as etheridge came on to the field to attempt the final FG, the clouds opened up over the stadium and we got to celebrate that victory basking in the sunshine.

AUhank
    (3/17/04 7:45:46 am )

Anytime, anyplace.... LSU has what we want!.....
    I don't care for LSU fans, but they are National Champs and their team is the team to beat. The sooner we play them, the sooner we will know just how good AU "can" be next year.

AUtiger87
    (3/17/04 8:07:36 am )
    IMO playing them early will benefit us greatly because of the new offense. For the first 2 games (La. Monroe & MSU) we shouldn't have to show everything to get the W. Meanwhile we get som much needed experience with the new O. LSU on the other hand will be trying to tweak their same O and possibly D with new personel. They will not have had much opportunity to scout our O since it is so new and specific to OUR personel. And remember, even when they watch game film of our first 2 games, it will not show everything.

AU wins by 10!

notallthatwonderRlost
    (3/17/04 8:15:35 am )
    Great post, aumurph. I like playing the corndogs early also. Gives you more time to clean up the smell.

tigertanger03
    (3/17/04 8:16:43 am )

It will be the best defense we play all year. I hope we can get all the kinks worked out in the first two games. Damn it's good to have to patsies(like everyone else) the first two games.

TigerB8r

I agree. It will set the stage for a great SEC run for either team by having this game early.

However, the LSU passing game may be evolving early in the season. Senior QB Marcus Randall has little actual game experience and the two freshmen QB's have none at all. Still, one is a Parade All-American and could emerge early.

LSU has talented depth at wide reciever, but they are very green. I think the quarterback/receiver chemistry that LSU has enjoyed recently will take some time to develop again.

The LSU running game will have to control the ball and the stout defense must continue to hold opponents to low scores. Else, LSU will have a tough season with road games at Auburn, Georgia, and Florida. Playing LSU in September is an advantage to Auburn . . . but its not going to be an automatic win.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

What are those guys smoking???

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Cigars :grin:

4. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I just figure they would like to get a loss early rather than later.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Maybe they smokin them Alabama click em weeds

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

The real question may be why dheadtiger chooses to copy partial posts rather than the whole thread? Whassamatter dhead? Having trouble getting folks riled up if you actually post within the context of the original thread? Or maybe you just think that the people on this board can't make up their own minds if you show them the whole picture? That's right, you just keep spooning out that dogfood, moron.

BTW - what name do you post under on ITAT? 'Cause you certainly haven't shown the courage or sensibility that most of your fellow posters here have demonstrated when visiting there..........

7. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

What do you mean what are we smoking?? I didnt read anything in those posts that sounded over-the-top. All sounded pretty level headed to me, nobody really sounded like they were jumping the gun and already predicting a win. And I read essentially the same thread over at WEN earlier today where some of you guys were even over there commenting on the game being earlier again this year and the pros/cons that come along with it being early. Im glad its an early game, its a great way to open SEC play. If that kind of talk means Im smoking something, then by all means pass me some more. ;) Just sounds like excitement for football season to roll around again to me.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

8. AUMorgan21

AUMorgan21 Founding Member

He doesnt post over there cadillac, thats merely where he gets his ammo from. Isnt that right dhead? ;)

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

pretzels

maybe he works in the Pretzel Factory.....since he's so god at twisting things around ..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Sounds to me like you two need to get a room.