Confirmed: Muschamped was offered DC position, Fisher was offered OC position (link)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by philter, Jan 6, 2005.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Actually you dont HAVE to ASSUME anything. You could give him the benitfit of the doubt. it could be just like he says, he wants to go to the NFL to work as a coordinator. you never really know for sure, other than what the guy himself actually tells you.

JS

2. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

Mike Collins is a big 4-2-5 guy been running it for years back to his mcneese state days. He would make an excellent dc.:tigerhead

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

DandyDon's page said that Jimbo met with Miles for 4 hours but that no offer was known to exist. However, a 4 hour meeting sounds positive IMO.

More good news, is that the website said that strength/condintioning coach and offensive line coach were retained. This is good news IMO also. I think the O-line should've been better but they came through in the 4 qtrs when our running game usually took off to win the game.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I agree with the other sentiments expressed in this thread. Saban was real "hands on" when it came to his defense and gameplanning. I'm sure Muschamp assisted him and learned alot, but Saban was the actual DC for this team.

5. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Was Mike Archer 32 when he took over the LSU job??

6. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

And he definately wasn't ready to be a HC.

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Very true about Clay. I feel better myself that he offered Muschamp the DC position.

Still can't believe he offered Jimbo the OC post, though.

8. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

From what I've read, Jimbo wouldn't have as much power in his position under Miles though. He had a lot of power under Saban b/c Saban was a defensive coach, but since Miles' expertise lies in the offense, he would be making the final decisions. At least that's how I understand it. And that might be why Jimbo decides to move on, if he does.

I'm actually not sure that would be a bad thing though, to have Miles over Jimbo. Jimbo has shown he has ability, but he also (especially this year) has seemed to make some not-so-smart moves. If Coach Miles is as brilliant offensively as he's supposed to be, maybe having him holding the trump card over Jimbo would be a good thing. Just a thought...