confused as usual

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by col reb, Jan 29, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I drove approximately 6-7 hours Sat. in order to pay respect to what I think was one of the better teams I had seen play college football in my 57 years of life. This was round trip and in some pretty good rain. Your offense was just good enough but your defense was absolutely AWESOME. As expected, your loyal fans put somewhere around 25/30,000 in the stadium just to applaude the tigers. Wonderful atmosphere. One question? Where was your new governor? I could not believe she was not there. Even if she was a two-lane fan.

2. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

It seems a bunch of A$$HOLES booed the new gov when she was introduced at the sugar bowl. I don't know if that had any bearing on her absence this past Sat., but it didn't make us Tiger fans lok very good.

Regardless of your political affiliation or who you voted for, the booing of the gov was classless.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I remember that at the parade they said she was attending her husband's cousin's nephew's wedding in Atlanta. Not sure if that is exactly who it is, but it was waaaay down the line like that.

4. max

max Founding Member

It is obvious that she would be booed. Look she won 52 to 48, but she got 95% of the black vote, which is over 30% of LA voters. So, she got beat by about 20 points in the white vote, and the audience was filled with white people. She lost in a landslide to that audience.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I thought she got booed because of her ties with ULL?

6. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Regardless, she's the Governer of LOUISIANA. Not ULL,Tulane, NAACP, nor any of the other 52% that voted for her. Support her and voice your opinion in 4 years.

P.S. I voted for Jindal and I cheered when Gov Blanco was announced.

7. Capt Fun

Capt Fun Founding Member

The booing that Mitch L. (lt. gov.) got Sat. was not of him, but a signal to the Gov. that she should have been there.

8. vptiger

vptiger Freshman

9. vptiger

vptiger Freshman

This is my first time posting because I felt compelled to do so because of this moron. Why bring up demographics on an issue such as this one. I'm sure you'll jump on here and say a couple of points in your defense, however, you are classless.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I didn't boo her, but I didn't cheer either. Just sat down and folded by arms.

You could have more easiliy stated that the large portion of those LSU fans in attendance at the Sugar Bowl did not vote for KB. Everything else would have been like the "Understood You."