Congrats all in the Tiger nation

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ufgatorz1, Oct 8, 2007.

1. ufgatorz1

ufgatorz1 Registered Gator

Wanted to stop by and extend a congrats on a hard fought win Saturday night. I said it the end of last year before bowl season started that the two best teams in the country at that time both resided in the SEC. Once our youth matures some I think that again the same thing will take place. As for now you guys are number one, you deserve it, you deserved it at the start of the season, and now the rest of the country (non SEC fans) also know it. The game was settled on the field Saturday night, not by luck, not by a controversial official's call, but in the trenches where it's suppose to be. I know there are barbs that fly back and forth in any SEC rivalry but I am not here to b*tch, cry, or complain. Just go give props where they are well deserverd. There are a few bad apples in every bunch but most of us appreciate being a part of the best conference in the NCAA...period. I would like to say that we would meet again in Atlanta but our stumble with Auburn probably took care of that happening. No excuse for that one. With UT's creampuff schedule (still not sure how they did that) it's doubtful they will loose another SEC game and that's who you guys will probably meet in Atlanta. Don't feel you will have much difficulty with them. But maybe with some luck they may lose another and with luck maybe we can take care of business with UK, UGA, and South Carolina as well as the others.

Sorry for such a long post but you guys deserve the respect, you have earned it and I hope you run the table (if we don't make it to Atlanta...LOL) and bring home another BCS Championship back to the SEC.

BTW, I am a big Miami Dolphin fan too so I hope you guys beat the crap out of Saban and the Tide.

8 people like this.
  2. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Thanks, ufgatorz1, but I hope we don't see the Gators up close again until next year. And that's gonna be another EPIC game. Saturday's game was so competitive it was a shame someone had to lose. Stick around and visit often - glad to know there are good sports and real sports fans out there. See you next year....in the fall, that is.:eek:ldskule:

3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Classy post. :thumb: Thanks for the kind words and good luck the rest of the season.

I'm not sure I want to see Tebow again before 2008. :eek:

4. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Welcome to the board!!!:thumb:

I'd really like to tell Tebow how great of a job he did Saturday night. You woulldn't have his cell phone number by chance, would you?:lol:

jk

Great game UF!!! :geauxtige

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ditto!

I have to say that even though we usually play badly when we play Florida.
    I still took Florida litely although I said in predictions that we could win by 3 points or 30 points.
    I based my opinion off of the Ole Miss and AU game but I was caught off guard Saturday night, I thought we would beat up Tim Tivo.
    I would have to say that outside of LSU, the way Florida played Saturday night was the best I've seen this season.
    That was an unbelievable game, I really believe that the Gators will run the table in the east and UT will lose one more game based on the way they played in the Cal game.
    I hope I'm wrong here because like others I don't want to play Florida again this year, I would rather play anyone else.
    Tim Tivo is a Harry Houdini of football.
    I said in another thread that I always thought Vick was a great QB until I saw Tim Tivo.
    I certainly have great respect for the Gators now but I don't wish them any luck in winning, two edged sword here!:) :lol: :geauxtige
    Heck, they are young what are the chances of them actually losing one more?
    I guess this kind of stuff is why I like college football so much?

6. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Appreciate the line there Gator Fan, class all the way. As Ive said in other columns, I think we just saw the 2 best teams in the country play their "Asses" off Sat night. Classic SEC football at its best, and I believe will be talked about by our grandkids once we,re dust. Ive been watching and going to Tiger games for 40 years or so, and I think this is the best team we,ve "ever" had in our history. I think at years end that will show out...we were just due. You guys have had our number for a while, it just had to happen sooner or later. As for the rest of the country, I bet theres not a team out there that wants any of the Tigers or Gators this year.

BTW, with all due respect, this is one Tiger fan that wont be disappointed to see Tebow advance to the NFL draft. Young mans got talent and heart.

Good luck on the rest of the season...

:thumb:

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Absolute best way to describe that ending. I love that there weren't any phantom calls down the stretch to put a black mark on this game.

I truly think Florida is the best team we've played in a few years now. Good luck on the rest of the season. Hope we don't see y'all again until next season, and that Tebow oversleeps and misses that game.:hihi:

8. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

I bleed Purple and Gold and crap gator meat, but I have to give props to you guys. I didn't see any Tiger or Gator player who left anything out on that field. It was a battle for the ages and I have more respect for FLA now than I ever have before.

I would ask one favor of you. The next time we meet in TS please, please, tell your players to stomp on the EYE again. It works every time.:thumb:

Really classy post by the way. :cool:

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Nice post and I sure hope we don't have to face you guys again.

Stick around, we love having a variety of fans on this board.

10. LSUTigers1404

LSUTigers1404 Founding Member

Welcome to the board and thanks for the classy post. Stick around, we don't have many Gator regs here.

Don't give up on the SEC East yet. Tennessee may appear to have a creampuff schedule, but in the SEC there are no creampuff schedules. I can definitly see Tennessee losing another one, maybe more than one.