Congrats on National Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hambone, Jan 6, 2004.

1. hambone

hambone Freshman

LSU strapped it on Oklahoma. The game wasn't nearly as close as the score indicated. Bob Stoops showed himself to be a jerk. Brend Mussberger was such a homer, it made my stomach churn. You would have thought he was working for the Sooner radio network. I thought there were a couple of bad calls that went against LSU. I was pulling for LSU. It's good for the SEC West, the SEC in general and of course, the state of Louisiana. S-E-C all the way.

Will Saban be back? and are any of your juniors declaring for the NFL draft?

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Felt good watching the SEC West go 4-0 in the post season, didnt it? Saban will be back, and we know nothing but speculation about who may leave early. Spear and Clayton have both said at times that they were coming back, but Clayton looks to be reconsidering. Other than that, most people are thinking that Marquise Hill and Corey Webster are gone, and we will have to wait and see about the others.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Corey Webster due to the outstanding performance against Mark Clayton sunday night just elevated his status in the draft, unfortunately. He may still decide to stay however, but I for one think he is ready for the NFL.

Micheal Clayton however is not ready. He could not separate from the OU DBs sunday night. This was the only time all year he had sigificant one one one man coverage. It was a chance to showcase his talents. He fell woefully short. He will have trouble in the NFL. He should stay one more year and hone his skills.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Thanks for the congrats.

I'll be willing to bet we lose a few more because of the NC Title. Once you get that ring I would assume, unless you wanted to complete your education, that you would move on.

5. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Michael Clayton went up against arguably the best cover corner playing college football. If he didn't get much separation, that's to be expected. He did get open a few times. Devery who has oodles of speed also had trouble getting separation. That was just a very good defense we played against.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I agree Derick Strait is a lock as #1 corner to be drafted this year. He single handedly kept OU from falling apart on defense.

But it still proves that Clayton needs more work. Because Strait will be what he will be facing most every week in the NFL.