Congrats on the tremendous defense against AS!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by VOLuptuous, Dec 7, 2002.

1. VOLuptuous

VOLuptuous Freshman

Holding a team, even if it WAS Alabama State, to 19 points in a game is really something.

Now, I'd like to comment on this board. I know it's none of my business, but what the heck. It's only because I like LSU and would like to see this place hoppin' that I'm commenting, so I hope y'all will understand. : )

I come by here nearly every day and have often wondered if this board wouldn't be more lively if it weren't so danged complicated to post here! I was so confused as I tried to post a reply to the "Louisiana Tech-Tennessee" post that I almost gave up entirely, and I wonder if other fans are doing the same thing... simply giving up because there's too many things to figure out! I have to believe that that's why there aren't more "replies" than there are -- that folks get tired of trying to figure out HOW to reply! (or maybe I'm just stupid LOL!)

Anyone else feel that way, wishing the board could be switched to an easier format, such as Rivals or the TheInsiders such as The Summitt is on?

2. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

Voluptuous?

With your handle, I would think you'd keep things hopping here. Got MY attention, anyway.

3. VOLuptuous

VOLuptuous Freshman

LOL! Well, I hate to disappoint you, but that nickname was just somethin' I came up with on the fly the first time I found The Summitt (the Lady Vols board) and realized that a lot of people's screen names were playing off of "Vol" somehow. That was the first thing that came to mind, within two minutes I'd typed that sucker in and now I'm stuck with it! That's what I get for trying to be all cutesy. : )

So how 'bout that team of yours? Pretty exciting stuff, huh? They're already playing very well, and will just keep getting better. I'm already getting nervous about the LSU-UT game, but then every year that game makes me nervous!

Who do y'all have coming up soon on your schedule. UT will play the very poor USC next weekend, but then after that they've got a tough stretch of ranked teams: Stanford, Texas, Notre Dame and Connecticut. Should be fun.

4. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

When you say UT, are you talking Tennessee? My team is Texas. We've not gotten the start we expected. We've beaten two lowly teams (one not div 1A), and we've lost to two unranked teams. Our big girl, Stacy Stephens, got into foul trouble, but that is not supposed to make much of a difference, with the depth we're supposed to have. We'll see if we shape up here soon, Ms. VOLuptuous (Man, I love that name!)

5. VOLuptuous

VOLuptuous Freshman

Yep, I'm talkin' about Tennessee. : ) Won't be long 'til Tennessee and Texas square off on ESPN2... 15 days! I hope it's a great game. I don't get to see many since I no longer live in Tennessee, so I reaaallly look forward to the televised games.

Do you think there'll be a nice crowd in Austin?

6. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

Yeah, might be a good one! December 21. Somehow, I doubt there'll be many there...I assume school will be out.

Aren't these the two winningest coaches of all time going at it that day? Didn't your coach recently pass ours as having the most wins? 700 some?

Jody Conradt coached my wife there back in the late 70s. My wife played volleyball. Jody coached volleyball AND basketball in her first two years, before we got another volleyball coach so that Jody could focus on her first love...basketball.

Many are wondering of Jody's day has come and gone. She recently gave up her AD spot, to focus entirely on b-ball. We'll see what affect that might have. She's got some nice recruits on the way.

YOUR UT coach is not much short of awesome, I guess. Wouldn't you say?

7. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

Well, I guess you know, VOLuptuous, that UT pulled this one out. I don't mean Tennessee, I mean TEXAS! 63-62 was the final score. Texas was down by three with a minute left. They scored a 3-pt to tie it. Then, with one second left, they scored another 3-pt. basket. The buzzer sounded and the Texas girls went out on to the court to celebrate. Because there was really one second left, they called Texas for a technical. Tennessee scores both free throws, making the score 63-62. Tennessee was not able to get a shot off in the final second to win the game. Hook 'em Horns!

Texas' coach Conradt now had 794 wins, and Tennessee's coach Summitt has 796 wins, the most in womens' college basketball.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

A Vol and a Horn taking Basketball on an LSU Board. Gotta love it!

9. VOLuptuous

VOLuptuous Freshman

What can I say? Texas played outstanding basketball, and they earned the win with a tremendous display of hustle and heart. I enjoyed the game, despite the outcome.

I loved the Texas crowd, too! What a great night for Longhorn fans.

As I said over at The Summitt, I thought Stacey Stephens would poop out in the second half (she was a little winded in the first half), but dang... she just ended up hustling even MORE. She's awesome, and so was Texas' outside shooting. You could tell that they just KNEW their shots would go in when it left their fingertips, and they usually did. When you're hot you're hot (Texas), and when you're not you're not (Tenn.)

To Texas' credit, it wasn't so much that Tennessee played terribly, as they did in the second half against Duke... it was that Texas simply played to win, and the LVs seemed to be waiting for the Longhorns to mess up. Well, they never did! Tennessee had tremendous difficulty (except for Kara) getting shots off, and Texas shot the dang lights out.

Two tough losses in a row to Texas. Guess Tennessee'll just have to try again next year!

Congratulations on the fine win. Who knows? Maybe our teams will meet in the tourney!

10. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

Now, we Longhorns go against LSU on Dec 28, this coming Saturday, @ LSU.