Congrats to the Lady Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by weunice, Mar 30, 2003.

1. weunice

weunice Freshman

I would like to be the first to offer up congrats from Tech. I hate that the game had to end like it did. Blowing a 17 point lead is one of the most nauseating ways to lose a game but we lost. At least our team is young. Hopefully they can take a lot from this loss into next season.

I really feel for Ford being the first 4 year senior not to go to a F4 for us. Anyway, veteran experience and sheer athleticism carried LSU. Great game and really great finish by the Lady Tigers and since I married into an A&M family ...

GO LADY TIGERS!!! BEAT "THE (self proclaimed)UNIVERSITY"

2. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Thanks weunice, Tech was on fire the first half, do you think only having 8 players caught up with them the second half? They looked to be just a tad slower on bringing it down the court and shooting after receiving the pass. LSU was very fourtunate to come out of such a physical game with a "W".

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

No disrespect intended but LA Tech's days as #1 WBB team in the state are over. The competition of the SEC not only makes LSU stronger on the court but gives them a huge recruiting advantage. This post is not intended to be cocky. For 80% of tonight's game, in my mind, it was a loss for LSU. Excellent game and both teams are to be congratulated.

4. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

weunice,
    I have been pulling for Lady Techsters in the NCAA Tournament since the Kim Mulkey days. Actually, before that I remember seeing them as #1 in the newspapers (remember, this is waaaaay before the internet) and watching them then (Pre-Kim Mulkey). I'm sure that there are many, many other fans of LSU and in all of Louisiana that are the same as me. I used to hate Cheryl Miller. Back then, LSU didn't have anything close to ya'll on the court. Even now, LSU has a great team but can't touch La. Tech's history and tradition in the women's game. La Tech is a great program with great history and they will always be contender. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for them.

My thoughts on tonights game is this. I feel that the best team won but I feel that tonight Tech was the best team. Temeka Johnson got LSU into an early hole because of those stupid glasses and I feel that there were some questionable things that happened in our comeback that were.....uh, well, questionable. I believe that Cheryl Ford is the best post player, and maybe player period, in the nation. If you had the #1 pick in the WNBA I would be torn between Alana Beard, Diana Taureus of UCONN, or Cheryl Ford. She is Great. But once again, I feel that LSU does have the better overall team.

It's an absolute travesty and utter disrespect to have La Tech seeded #5. La Tech should have recieved no lower than a #3 and really deserved a #2. I feel that the NCAA selection committee disrespected both of us. It wasn't fair to either program to do what they did. They puposely pitted us together to eliminate one Louisiana team. Had they not done this no telling how far down the road we would have met. IMO, the NCAA selection committee is nothing more than a dishonest organization with no concern for anything resembling fair and honest decisions. They most likely are motivated by money, as is most everything else. Not sure, but they shafted LSU and La Tech alike. Good luck in the future and .....SabanFan, I'm sorry but I can't see how you can post a post like the one above this and add into it "No disrespect" and "This is not meant to be cocky". While your statement might have some validity, do you really think this is the thing to say to weunice after a heartbreaking game like this ?? This guy came here courageously, and respectfully congratulated us.

5. SabanFan

OK. I'm sorry. LSU Sucks. They are lucky to be where they are. LA Tech is the greatest team ever. Now go dry your crocodile tears. This is an LSU site. If you want to hear warm and fuzzy things about their team go to their site.

6. weunice

weunice Freshman

You won't hear any warm and fuzzies from our fans. We have higher standards than that.

:) Seriously ... good game

I will leave your synopsis about our fall alone. Broken record. I have read it every year, from some fan, from some school, since 1992. Since then we have been to 3 Final Fours and while they are getting tougher they will still remain within reach.

Remember, we have scout teams better than anything the SEC can throw at us. We can simulate the athleticism of any team in the country using guys. All top womens programs do this and that is part of why we haven't disappeared before now ...

Also, we graduate ONE and we will likely land a Top 10 recruiting class so don't expect us to disappear next season.

Good luck against the Lady Longhorns ...

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

congrats on the fine season and all, but...

do you really think your scout team is better than most of the SEC? i mean...we didnt even win the SEC regular season and we just beat you

8. SabanFan

1. The "warm & fuzzy" comment was directed at LSUBrucie. I did not take exception to your post. I merely stated my opinion (respectfully, I might add) and Brucie thought I was being too mean.

2. I DO take exception to the "scout team" comment. You dressed out 8 players. You barely have a whole team, period. The likes of LSU, Vandy, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss, etc etc can mop the floor with the majority of WAC teams on a regular basis. And all are co-ed so that comment makes no sense.

3. I didn't say Tech was going away. I merely said you have been relegated to the #2 team in the state (and Tulane may take issue with that).

4. Thanks for the good wishes. I have always been a fan and admirer of the Lady Techsters program and will continue to be.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I assume you are talking about the officiating at both ends of the court. One of the most inconsistently called games I have ever seen. One possession you can maul the opponent the next you get popped for a hand check. Truly prevents a team to get into any kind of flow. Just like in baseball, refs/umps need to be consistent so the players can identify what can/can't be done.

10. weunice

weunice Freshman

My point about the scout team was real simple. We practice against MEN and I am pretty sure we have been doing that longer than anyone ... Those teams are better than all of the womens teams in the SEC. That statement would generally be accepted as fact by all except the most extreme of feminists. That is part of the reason we are able to compete while having such a soft schedule. ... and yes, I know all SEC teams have the same advantage.

The ONLY advantage LSU had as far as SEC schedule went was playing in close games, especially in hostile environments. That you cannot simmulate. We had very few close games. Even our losses were not very close and we get bigger crowds rooting for us in most of our road games.

FYI, we beat Tulane SOUNDLY in New Orleans this season. Tulane will not be threatening us any time soon. There are more little girls in this country who grow up wanting to be Techsters than Green Waves. That is why tradition is important. Is is easy for us to recruit against all but the Top 10-15 schools and we still win our fair share of those battles ...

I will give you number 1 in the state this season. You clearly earned it. Now go beat Texas and do the rest of us proud.

Until we meet again ... in November ... a game I am much less confident about.