Congrats to the Lady Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by weunice, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

oh i apologize....i didnt know anything about the scout team being men. that is very understandable now.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I really don't want to get into a pissin' match here...but:

Do they practice against THE men's team or a team of men? If the latter is the case then your point has no validity. If the former, score one for Weunice.

I feel that playing in the SEC gives LSU both a competitive and a recruiting advantage. Those little girls growing up want to play in a major conference. And, Tech is in Ruston. Had Karl Malone reproduced like Wilt Chamberlain, your future dominance would be unquestioned. These are no longer the days of Old Dominion and La Tech dominating everyone.

I didn't say Tulane would be right. Only that they'd take exception. They are building a decent program down there.

3. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Plus Louisiana Tech is NOT the only team to every get a bunch of guys on Campus to practice against the Women's Team. I know for a Fact Tennessee does this at EVERY practice. I do not go to Tennessee but this was in a SI issue Last year when Pat Summitt was on the cover. I also believe LSU does this some(but I am not 100% sure). So to say Tech is the only team in the United States to practice against men is totally wrong. What I am saying is get your facts right before you post.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Everybody needs to take a minute and READ. It was never said that La. Tech is the only team to practice against men, and Im not quite sure how people are arriving at that conclusion. Weunice only stated that the scout team (men) is better than the SEC womens teams. I might be inclined to agree depending on who these men are. Then weunice said that "all top womens programs do this." Pay attention guys.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Uhhh...yeah. That's what I said.

6. MobileBengal

Wasnt directed at you.

7. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I think its you mobile who needs to pay attention. Weunice Stated Twice that the local team at the Y at Ruston was inferior to all SEC Teams Including LSU and Tennessee, and more than likely all of womens basketball. That is just plain Stupid. UCONN, Tennessee, Duke, Texas, LSU. All of these teams can be the Local Ruston Y teams of SCRUBS. no offense attended but if they were so damn good why the not playing on the mens team instead pickup ball basically. makes no sense at all.

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

inferior or superior?

9. MobileBengal

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back the truck up! What the hell are you talking about? Even if what you meant was superior rather than "inferior," I have yet to see anything that substantiates your claim. Can you please point me to the post in which the claim was made that any Y has better teams than all of the SEC? You may be right in that the scout team in question is indeed a pickup group from the Y, but I dont believe it was ever stated. In which case, neither you nor I could comment on the quality and talent of this scout team. If paying attention means making up facts, Ill let you get back to it.

10. MobileBengal

BTW, about me needing to pay attention. How about we go back and review my post that prompted that ascertation.

That is 100% correct. No one said that La. Tech was the only one. Then you said:

Well, duh.

Again, 100% accurate. All I am doing is clarifying what others have said.