Congrats to the Saints: 2009 NFC Regular Season Champions!

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by JohnLSU, Dec 28, 2009.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Vikings fall to the Bears tonite for their 4th loss, tying the Eagles with 4 losses for second-least losses in the NFC behind the Saints who have 2 losses and only one game left. Saintslogo

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

While I have waited my entire life to see the Saints sniff a SB... their homefield advantage imo isn't a big deal, seeing as how after they fell to the Cowboys at home, they drop another the week after to a lowly Bucs team at home. The Saints seem to be better in away situations.

3. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

True, but the weather is getting a lot colder... and playing in a place like Soldier Field for the 2006 NFC Championship Game (actually Jan 21, 2007) wasn't cool (freezing actually), and I wouldn't want to be playing in Lambeau field or in Philadelphia this winter... but yeah, I know, the Vikings, Cowboys, Cards have an indoor stadiums...but the Saints did crush the Jets, Giants, and Patriots in the Dome (38-17, 48-27, etc). And most importantly, New Orleans is a lot closer to most of us to go down and party at for the playoff games!!!

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I hear ya there... i've been to Wisconsin and Chicago in the winter time, and I stayed a few months 45 minutes West of Philly from Oct03-Jan04... no thanks, they can all keep it, living in that environment is not normal. I just hope the Saints have gotten it out of their system and realize there's no second chances after next week.
    Also, since they've clinched... what would you do? Not worry about next week and rest your starters for the playoffs (although then you risk a little rust with no play for almost 3 weeks) or treat this Carolina game as any other game and play them to keep their rythem, letting them rest during the first round?

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Dunno, I'm not a Saint coach, I but hope we make the best decision to make it to the Super Bowl, though.

But like Bobby Hebert was saying the other day, and like everybody knows, you gotta be peaking when you hit the play-offs... will it help your players peak if you give them the end of the game off (Colts fans were pizzed that they did that) or if you let them play the whole game? I'd have to be a coach for the Saints to know for sure how I feel about it... having been with them day-by-day all this time during our job of playing football, as a team working together... to know.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

While you definately want your teams offense peaking by the last week of the regular season... in the Saints case this season, they were really strong early in the year but it seems like everyone's dinged up, key players injured or playing bruised and battered... I think you play them the first half of the Carolina game, then sit them down and let them have 2 weeks off (not sure what the playoff schedule looks like, I haven't seen it yet), and hope the extra time off helps them come in healthy. A fresh and rested Saints team could go a long way in these playoffs.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

What rhythm? Saints need to take a rest @ Carolina. The starters should be allowed to stay home and watch on TV.

8. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

It wasn't pretty but home field looks good now! The Saints just need to get healthy. They'll be OK. I hope.