Congrats to Travis Daniels

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

He earned one of the biggest bonuses for the year for the NFL's PBP program.

$212,069. Not a bad pay day.:grin:

2. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

What's that?

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Not sure of the details, but it is pay by play.. I believe it's a part of the nfl's collective bargaining agreement. The goal to allow players that are underpaid to attain more money with more play. In other words, sign as a free agent for the league minimum or low salary.. end up having a season where you play a lot and contribute.. you get a lump sump payment for that effort and playing time.

4. MeauxJeaux

MeauxJeaux Founding Member

Thanks for the description.
    :thumb:

I think they all should have contracts like that.
    :wink:

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

6. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I don't even know why they have contracts in pro sports. If they have a stellar run of 2 years they get to "renegotiate" the contract. WTF?? I have never been able to renegotiate a contract. That's the whole point of a contract. That you are contractually obligated to fulfill the terms of the contract. You agree to X amount of dollars and that is what you get, no more, no less. Can you tell this is a sore subject with me.

Todd

7. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

It's actually the NFL's Performance Based Pay program set up by the NFLPA. Basically if a guy has a contract that is well below the average for his position, and makes considerable contributions through playing time, and statistics, the NFL has a set formula that guarantees the players get compensated.

8. I like this. I think they all should be paid by performance rather than by how good they were in college and supposed to be on the next level.

9. upsizin

upsizin Founding Member

congrats, I wish there was a way for us to get in touch with these guys to wish him well.... that's my way of asking everyone if they have an email adress or something for tdaniels

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

http://www.tdaniels21.com/