Congratulations Auburn!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Dec 4, 2010.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

THAT's a PLAN....I'll go with THAT!

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

YOU need to lighten up. This is a discussion forum. My part of the discussion is this-I hate Auburn, their dirty play, their dirty program, the fact that they claim to be the Tigers, their showboat QB, Nick Fairley, Tommy Tubberville smoking a cigar in Tiger Stadium, Tommy Tubberville's big ass ears, Little Bowden, Pat Dye always going for the tie, and everything else about AU except Bo Jackson and Deceks7. I don't want AU to win a single game...ever...much less win the SECW, SECCG, and the friggin' BCSCG. I do not like AU.

We play Oregon in a prime time game to open the season next year. I'd rather the exposure of playing the defending national champ Oregon Ducks, likely a matchup of top 10 teams right off the bat.

Tell me how AU winning the BCSNCG helps LSU. It isn't all about me...it's mostly about LSU. You act like I'm not willing to give in for "the greater good" or something. Good grief. :rolleye33: By the way...there's a poll out now on the board. I only voted once. Apparently it's NOT just me...like I said, I'm an LSU fan...not just an SEC fan. There seems to be more of "me" here than you...judging by the poll. FWIW, I rooted for TX last year too. I did root for Florida both times though...can't stand tOSU or OU either. Hate AU even more than those two put together.

3. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I'm with Fishface on this one. I would root for any team playing Auburn. Their star player was forced to leave his first school for cheating 3 times, arrested for stealing, and tried to extort money to play college football. He may be a great player, but he's a total douche bag of a human being. Auburn's best defensive player is a cheap shot artist who hits late, pile drives defenseless players and drops his helmet to spear people in the back. He is also a pile of human excrement.

I'd love to see Auburn lose by as much as possible, but I fully expect them to win unless a smoking gun appears in the next month that shows Newton getting cash from AU. Not likely to happen, unfortunately.

1 person likes this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

The problem is, if Auburn wins, it's because they (and the SEC) cheat. If Auburn loses, then the PAC10 can beat the best the SEC has to offer, even cheating. Of those two, the first is unfortunately the better solution to me even though this Cam thing is really frustrating.

5. edyel

edyel edyel

If it's the Crowton/Jefferson show LSU will get embarrassed next year in Dallas.:geauxtige

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

But it is WAY more significant when we have only two loses and ONE is to a National Champion as compared to, say, one of nine loses as in '96 or even one of five loses as in '08. '96 & '06 would be a fair statement though.

Wouldn't you agree?

7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Regardless of the title game winner...we play the following next season.

*This year's national champion (Auburn or Oregon)
    *This year's runner-up (Auburn or Oregon)
    *The 2009 national champion (Alabama)
    *The 2006 & 2008 national champion (Florida)
    *The 1998 national champion (Tennessee)(1st BCS champ)
    *A "probable" 2010 Sugar Bowl participant (Arkansas)
    *10 of 12 will play in a bowl game this season (except Ole Miss & NW St.)

If we have a QB next season...watch out!

The bad news is we probably only get a few night games (2-3) in Tiger Stadium. NW St., Kentucky, Florida, Auburn, USM, and Arkansas are at home.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I have always been "If not LSU, then SEC."

Just cannot do it this year. I hope Oregon crushes them, and then we return the favor next year.

Cam looks so smug coming into the stadium. That idiot thinks he pulled one over on "them." It was the money, chump, not you.

Go to hell, Auburn.

hwr

9. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

This is why I "hope" (not think) that the Cam thing blows wide open, he is ruled ineligible, and an embarrassed AU loses. The best that the SEC has to offer (Arky, LSU, Bama) never got a chance to compete fairly for the title. So the MNC is still mythical, the BCS is stained, AU is stained, and if the rest of the SEC turns on AU and distances themselves from them, maybe the conference as a whole only takes a small black eye.

The SEC will come out of this looking bad because of the Cam payout. No doubt about that. If you claim to "pull for the SEC", you should hope that AU loses so the only thing that is tarnished is our own conference, not the entire league. So I can hate AU and pull for the SEC at the same time. :thumb:

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Can they both lose?