Congratulations to Les Miles and Gary Crowton on a MUCH improved gameplan

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsudolemite, Oct 9, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I have to give credit where it's due here. Through three quarters the game plan put together by Crowton and the other coaches was sound and made sense. Still much to work on, like those 3 off-tackle runs on 1st down that got stuffed and problems springing Shepard, but still a lot of improvement. ULM should give us time to tweak the Jefferson/Lee mix to make it more effective. Hats off to our coaches from a negatiger.

2. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Classy post.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I give credit to the 2 QB system, which I thought was going to end up being an utter failure. And after the JJ pick, I was feeling even more sure that it was a mistake. BUt in the end, I think they managed the 2 QBs perfectly. I would like to see it reversed where Lee gets 2/3 of the drives vs JJ and that may indeed happen down the line. I think Lee felt a lot more comfortable sharing the load and responsibility.

Les Miles deserves all the credit for sticking with it even though it could have turned out horribly.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

+ 1LSU!

5. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I'll go a step further and say they should use Jefferson solely in the red zone and as a change of pace if Lee is having problems. The danger of doing that is predictability based on personnel again, and we saw that tonight when Florida figured out the running schemes with Jefferson. But there's time to work on that between ULM and the bye week.

6. armybass

armybass Founding Member

Here here....fantastically coached game gents.