congratulations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Jun 22, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

congratulations to the mighty Tiger nation. (1) You had the national champion football team (2) your mens track team placed first (3) your womens track team placed first. (4) your womens basketball team played for the championship (5) your mens baseball team went to the college world series. WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR EXCEPT TO WIN IT ALL? In Mississippi, we have an all sports trophy for the high school that gets the most points accumulated in all the sports. If the nation did that, I am quite sure LSU would have won this years ALL SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY. And to top it all off---------------you without a doubt in my mind, have the best -----THE VERY BEST-----talk board in the SEC. You may not agree with the posters from other schools, but you listen, discuss, laugh at and sometimes agree with the other side. :grin: Try some of the other boards. If I try to log on as Col Reb, one disagreement and I'm history. Not here. I'm thinking of getting a shirt printed up saying TIGERFORUMS.COM on front and Col Reb on back. Then walking through the lots at TS and seeing who speaks. I think I would be welcomed. :lsug: :champs: :helmet:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Texas is about the only school close to what LSU has done this year. If Texas wins the CWS, then I think you can compare them favorably as far as academic success.

I'll still take the football NC over the CWS title anyday however.

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

And in most circumstances, I would take the degree from LSU over the one from Texas. However, either one is quite an accomplishment.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

there is a trophy (Sears Director's Cup) for overall sports excellence and Stanford usually wins it by having water polo/cross country/fencing/underwater basket weaving. They have currently won it 9 years straight. they should change the name to The Indifferent Sports Award.

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I agree. Maybe we should have more diversified sports too. Bass fishing. Turkey calling. Best trophy rack for deer. Best roostertail from a bass boat. Best oppossum dog. Coon dog. ATV race champs. Biggest doe. Most road kills on one county road. Best crawfish receipe. Man--- We could kick a$$ :lol: :lol: We tried water polo in Mississippi but the darn horses kept drowning. :rofl: