Congratulations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jwclark2342, Sep 10, 2006.

1. jwclark2342

jwclark2342 Freshman

Wow!!! Your team is awesome.

I sincerely apoligize about the eye thing. Its not what a lot of us UA fans wanted to hear about our team. Needless to say, many of us are looking for reasons why we would do that.

I truly believe you guys are in a class all by yourself this year. I will be rooting for you to take care of Auburn. But after seeing you play, if you guys come out with the same kind of passion, I don't think you will have a problem.

Good luck the rest of the year and have fun in the BCS championship game.
    :geauxtige

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Thanks. As an avid fan of all collegiate athletics, I can say that there is no room in the NCAA for any type of disrespect--it is what makes the college game what it is. I thought that the "eye thing" was blown a little out of proportion, it's a frickin' painting on the field, ya know? Do all of the talking on the field, and leave it there.. I'm glad LSU didn't respond in a overtly irrational manner-- the helmet to helmet incident not withstanding since we don't know the entire details... As Tiger fans we understand you guys' situation, it wasn't long since we were in the same situation as 'Zona. Good luck in the Pac-10 and beat USC!

3. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Thanks for stopping by and chilling with us this week, we enjoyed the updates on your team, and observations. Good luck to you guys down the road. I know you are anxious to rebuild your program after Macovick (?), and it takes more than 2 years. With Az. small population, I see Stoops is going for a bunch of Tx. kids, that's not a bad idea.

You've been a credit to your school, a good fan of the game. Feel free to drop in anytime, or hang out here in general (although you'll have to put up with some anti-PAC 10 attitude, as we think they overhype USC, who actually thinks they can share our 03 title!).

If not, at least I hope you had an enjoyable week! Go Cats!

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

About the jumping on the logo...

I really don't think it would have been an issue anywhere else but Auburn pulled that a few years back and it really pissed off the team and fans. It wasn't the "let's meet at midfield" as Stoops described their incident last night but the blatent intent at disrespect by about 4 Auburn players. After that incident it is a death blow to anyone who does it now.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I couldn't care less that they "stomped" on the eye. Stoops was tryin to pump them up, it didn't work, move on...

6. COramprat, awesome avatar :hihi: points....

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here's a link where AZ apparently did the same thing @ AzSt but under the last coach, its way down in the article:

http://www.azstarnet.com/sports/146032

Personally if it gets our team even more motivated let the other team stomp !

Nice congratulatory post.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I couldn't agree more.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Thanks. Now kick USC's arse already!!!! :cuss: :thumb: :D

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Boy, that would be sweet. Go Cats.