Congress is suing the president.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

God how you all love to compare the president to W. Isn't that a pretty low bar????

Again you either miss the point or deflect because you have no answer. The point made wasn't about fund raisers or where the president is when something happen. It was about the President's apparent lack of interest in dealing with any of the problems facing the world today. The author pointed out he seems withdrawn and doesn't provide leadership that the world is looking to him for.

He is running out the string and marking time not doing his job (other than fund raising of course LOL).

LaSalleAve and gyver like this.
  2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Suing the President is stupid...a total waste of time and money. Resurrecting the "blame Bush" mantra is beyond useless and totally non-thought provoking. All the surge illegals need to be on a bus to the Yankee East Coast area. New York, NJ, Philly, Maryland, Conn, DC, Delaware, etc. The Left Coast has had enough! We shell out $51M/per month in LA for services. It's time for the real Lefties to step up and own the shit.

gyver likes this.
  3. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Send them to the democrat states. Let's see how that works out for them.

4. gyver

gyver Rely on yourself not on others.

Old Nagin, a democrat, couldn't get his shit together during Katrina. It wasn't W's fault the levees broke but it was Nagins fault that he didn't utilize what he had to evacuate the city days in advance. And it was the fault of the dumbasses that chose to ignore the fact that New Orleans was going to be hit. When you are dependent on the government for your every need don't point fingers when Mother Nature culls the herd.
    I had no pity on those that chose to stay. Decisions have consequences.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can't believe that I have to explain sarcasm to you, Elmer. In fact, I won't. Look it up.

I have previously noted at length . . . sometimes the best move we can make is to do nothing rash. Ukraine isn't our fight. Gaza isn't our fight. Action is being taken on immigrant children. The author is a fucking idiot. America has led on sanctions against Russia, while the Euros don't want to hurt their financial interests there. The US is doing what it can to create a cease-fire in Gaza, the Euros are doing nothing useful regarding Israel and never have. Finally the guy understands nothing about politics if he doesn't understand fund-raising.

And don't try to tell me that Matt Lewis is not a Republican and his blog is not a political rant. Hell, he was once a director of The Leadership Institute. Its mission is to "increase the number and effectiveness of conservative activists" and to "identify, train, recruit and place conservatives in politics, government, and media." His resume includes writing for Human Events and The Daily Caller, both ultra-conservative.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Who does the Corps of Engineers report to? Who appointed an idiot with no emergency response credentials to run FEMA? Who failed to show up in New Orleans?

7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Actually the 17th street, Orleans & London canal levees that failed were the responsibility of the local levee board. They botched the engineering, soil survey, construction & maintenance.
    The Corps has responsibility for the Mississippi River, Mr Go etc so they were responsible for the Lower 9th ward though there was no special action under W's administration that cause the failure rather it was policy since the Mr Go was first conceived in the late 40's...hmmmm maybe we should blame Harry Truman or Dwight Eisenhower.
    Yes W was responsible for appointing the fool Brownie...but again I have never praised W as the 2nd coming as you do BO.
    Since you go in for comparisons why wasn't the president at the border when as in Texas fund raising or what took him so long to visit the Gulf when Macondo happened?????

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I guess you have the same problem recognizing sarcasm Leghorn (don't remember the cartoon Red?)

Again you try to equate doing nothing as leading and comparing the presidents actions to brilliant strategy when everyone else sees it for what it really is...a weak leader out of his depth.

gyver likes this.
  9. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I know how short memories are here on this board with Conservatives, so I picked something recent. I could have mentioned Clinton's hummer while firing missiles into Bosnia, but it doesn't change anything that I said. Politicians raise funds while shit happens around the world.

You clearly are not familiar with the word "deflect". People feel he has a lack of interest because he's out fundraising, playing golf, etc. and not wielding his magical powers of influence over immigrants, Jews, Arabs and Russians like Mitt Romney no doubt would be doing right this minute. I juxst don't take it seriously because it's a stupid position to take and anyone who stands behind it doesn't deserve to eb taken seriously. That's not deflecting; that's dismissing.

I think his powers lie in the Morman Magic Underwear...

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

What would be a brilliant strategy? I mean what can you do? We aren't the world police.