Conservative Radio TV does not make psychos kill

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SabanFan, Jan 10, 2011.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

no they shouldnt. it isnt their responsibility.

palin, while stupid has nothing to do with anything. these idiots are to blame.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

so it isn't their responsibility to be responsible? I guess the thing that got me, and the today show is probably to blame for this, but this Gifford lady was on the record months ago saying the cross hair thing was irresponsible. and she was right, it is irresponsible.

You don't think the right would be saying the same thing if it was John McCain that got shot and his main opponent had some cross hairs over him on a website?

I don't think she is to blame, I really don't. I just think that when you are in the public eye, and especially people who are far right, far left, you should maybe choose your actions and words a little better. It's a matter of turning "man...mother f*ck that stupid ass bitch" into " you know, i really do not care for her too much"

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

responsible for what? keeping lunatics from shooting people?

you dont understand the nature of responsibility.

i dont care if you would or wouldnt. for me this isnt a partisan issue.

wrong. people shouldnt be held responsible for idiots. people should be encouraged to speak their minds.

4. LaSalleAve

not what I am saying at all. Are you sure you aren't my wife? You tend to take things I say and twist them all around. I never said she should be held responsible for some lunatic's actions. I'm saying people in the public eye should be a little more careful with their words. You know there are other ways to get your point across without having to use cross hairs. Swerved pointed out the thing Obama said. Poor words. Obama should have chosen them better.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Why do they need to be careful? I'm not following.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

why, if they are not to be held resonsbile when lunatics go crazy?

doesnt matter. you just said she isnt responsible. that means crosshairs are ok.

if you say she isnt responsible, if these talking heads are not responsible, then that means they are not responsible, and should continue to say whatever they want.

7. LaSalleAve

She is not responsible for the death's of those people. But.... I can see how some crazy person could take that and twist in their mind, and reacting in a violent manner. Just because she does something that is kind of irresponsible doesn't mean she is responsible for the deaths.

Same thing with Obama, what he said was irresponsible and I bet if a bunch of nut bag liberals showed up with guns somewhere, he would have gotten roasted for it.

Do I care she put the cross hairs up? No I don't. She can do whatever she wants. But you, and everyone else, including Sarah Palin shouldn't be shocked when she gets blamed for this, even though it's really not her fault.

8. LaSalleAve

Ok Martin, I guess what I am trying to say, is not really that she (Palin) should take that stuff down.

What I am saying is, when fingers start getting pointed, don't be shocked when they are pointed your way.

Example... Now there is an article that is out that this kid was listening to Drowning Pool, let the bodies hit the floor. People are going to point fingers to that, and we shouldn't be shocked.

I see your point though, about it not being irresponsible and I can see that. It would be kind of a double standard if I didn't see Drowning Pool's lyrics as irresponsible yet I saw what Palin did as irresponsible. So, I see what you are saying and I agree.

9. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Elected officials (like Pelosi) also need to tone down the rhetoric and stop treating people like little children. Talking down to the American public, telling people they don't know what's best for them, storming around with a gavel, etc. infuriates people and can lead unstable individuals to act in a violent manner.

This is NOT a one-sided issue! Anyone attempting to blame this on a particular party or type of media is a liar, idiot, hypocrite, or all of the above. I truly hope this isn't what you're insinuating. You're better than that.

Most elections are won by a slight majority. When an elected official takes the stance..."My party won so screw everybody else!"...they tend to incite the public. When both parties ignore the public or refuse to meet in the middle people get angry. With NO voice on television or print, people resort to radio.

Why aren't the people yelling and screaming in the streets considered to be as "unstable" as those on talk radio? At least those on the radio don't scream obscenities, throw objects at the police, leave public places full of trash, riot, etc. It's amazing how the double standards continue to resurface.

I believe this incident was caused by a guy who had severe mental issues. I hope it never occurs again. I'm pleasantly surprised we haven't had other incidents considering this was the WORST Congress in U.S. history. They've pushed people too far which can cause someone to crack.

We have FAR TOO MANY enemies around the world to waste time on our petty differences!

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

right, people are stupid and they point fingers in the wrong direction. the proper procedure is ignore these people and continue operating as before. i dont think anyone is "shocked" that people blame media when stuff happens. i have never really heard of a tragedy that didnt result in misplaced blame.

nothing is less shocking than people being stupid.