Contender OR Pretender!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 19, 2003.

1. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Uh...if I'm not mistaken, lsu hasn't beaten Auburn this year and the fact that Auburn is 1-2 has nothing to do with lsu....31-7!!

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I seem to recall asking Auburn fans that very question last year. I guess you can when the defending SECC is LSU.

3. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

I don't remember lsu being labeled a pretender last year. It looked like losing your QB hurt you last year...I mean, 4 points kept you guys from going 0-6 in the second half of last season.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm impressed. I would have thought all of Auburn's cockiness had been smacked clean away. Did the Vandy win restore that much attitude?

5. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

No I was responding to this:

"How dumb and naive of an Aubie to post anything in this thread!!!"

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, and 2 points kept us from going 3-2, instead of 2-3, and making a return trip to Atlanta. Ohio State was 30 points and countless OTs away from being 8-6 instead of national champs. Whats your point?

Because you dont remember it doesnt mean it didnt happen. Believe me, though, Auburn fans were all over the board talking about it. The argument was something like this:

"Yeah, you may be 7-1, but the win over Florida was a fluke, and the only other real team you played was VT. 26-8!!!1!1 Sound familiar? OOH, so you beat Miss. St., Miami (Ohio), ULL, and the Citadel, and USC- yeah real tough schedule. LSU sucks, Auburn rocks!"

It did happen. Im not pointing fingers at you.