Contributing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STEMJ, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEMJ

STEMJ Freshman

Why do we have to do this? What are the special features of being a contributing member?

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

You don't have to contribute anything and you will still be able to access all of the forums you will only be able to post on a couple sections. But contributing gives you access to a plethora of other goodies. Going here will let you see what you will have access too if you contribute Contributions

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Try this link it should help.

LINK

4. TwistedTiger

Errrrrr..... :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: I type too damn slow, I'm going to have to start trying with two fingers instead of one. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

5. STEMJ

STEMJ Freshman

I think its pretty dumb IMO. I know I have no right to say this since I'm new to tigerforums.com.

We should at least be able to have our own avatars and make/vote in polls.
    In all, I think its a stupid feature. If I could I would make a poll about this contributing nonsense and see if people actually like it.

6. TwistedTiger

Actually unlike other boards you have free access to the main posting board which is the biggest asset on any board. What you get with a membership is just a few frills. However the LSU fan that runs this site(Brett) does have expenses that need to be paid. If you want a free LSU board with full unlimited access for no charge start one out of your own pocket and we will come visit you from time to time but until then I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

7. STEMJ

STEMJ Freshman

Oh, I help MilesFan run www.pigskinhq.com which costs us quite a few $$$ but our members have access to every feature possible.

8. MFn G I M P

I think the contribution is a great feature, without it this site would've gone under because Brett couldn't afford to pay for it. I just recently became a member because a great member (tirk) decided to sponser me since I am just a poor college student. If you don't want to contribute then don't, you are still able to read everything that everyone posts you just can't reply in a couple forums. It's up to you, no one is forcing you to do anything.

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

You still get to post on the main board and read some of the others and this is a very nicely run forum. Contributing is just a lot of us regulars way of paying Brett and others back for all the joy we get out of the board.

Besides that, it's only $12.

10. MFn G I M P

This board was also free from its conception up until the start of football season but the board has grown so much that it was getting nearly impossible for brett to pay for everything on his own. Good for you that you let every member have access to every feature on your site but I doubt it has as much traffic and as many members as tigerforums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.