Contributing

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by STEMJ, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Ok, so if you can't cough up 12 bucks to contribute... what do you bring to the table (what do you offer this forum as a member). The reason I say this is there are a couple of non contributors that always have good info, and are knowledgeable... you sound like a cheap skate, pimping your own crappy forum.

The reason I say this is if you are a valid poster that brings good info, Im sure you can find a sponsor... but its not looking good for you so far

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Yes, I do feel there is and I will continue to mock you.

Start a poll for this argument? It's already been settled.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Hey STEMJ...

This site was 100% free for several years until a few months ago. At that time, Brett asked the members publicly for advice on what direction he should take with the site. He's always been VERY proactive to keep this forum very up to date. Not only that it runs very fast for the most part.

He told us that he has a child on the way and that his time to run the forum is very limited now. Also that his available funding for running the forum would not be what it once was.

At this point, he asked us for suggestions and advice. As members, we all gave a lot of feedback and ideas. The biggest deal to most of us was that one of us felt that people should pay to participate in this forum. The contributor option is more or less the end result of our thoughts and feedback to Brett.

I will see if I can dig up the old threads about this and link to them here. unless someone else finds them first. :thumb:

4. LSUGradin99

Oh and one more thing. Speaking for myself, I contributed because I appreciate Brett's time and monetary expenses to create and maintain the best damned LSU sports forum on the net.

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

As you have probably notice, STEMJ, we have a good forum, that doesn't have the problem posters that others do.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I could care less about avatars and signatures. I gave up a measly 12 bucks to help out the owner of this forum because he asked nicely. He didn't threaten to cut anyone off and in fact he ask for opinions on how he should set it up for contributors. I just figured it was the right thing to do and help him out.

7. LSUGradin99

8. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Leave the guy alone.
    Who cares if he contributes or not?

If he's a Tiger fan, he gets a free ride.......if not, carry on.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Yawn, go argue with your mouse pad.

The guy asked a couple questions.........It's not a big deal.

10. MilesFan

MilesFan Founding Member

Alright, I've sat out of this one for too long.

STEMJ, don't worry about it so much and I don't think you should of posted the link to my site on here.

My site is 4 months old and tigerforums.com is the reason why I wanted to start my own site. I would appreciate it if people stopped trashing my forum, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.